The Butler Did It Again | Syracusefan.com

The Butler Did It Again

Syracusian

Scout Team
Freaking Butler man.

How is college basketball not everyone's favorite sport? Good god, watching this Butler and Marquette game has been awesome.

Brad stevens has another one of those teams. Good shooting and plays good d/can rebound. This is a clinic right now.

Clarke could win (or lose) games by himself, and Dunham could be Hayward 2.0.

UNC players' minds not on the game - wondering where the B1G logo will be placed on their unis.

Roy Williams is the worst big name coach in America!

I know everyone always complains about officials, but the officiating is absolutely lopsided right now. Butler has manhandled UNC, but they've done it literally and figuratively with absolutely terrible calls.

And then the travel on Marshall that wasn't called, what the hell? Jim Burr is working his magic.

Butler is playing well but I can't for the life of me figure out how they are not called for 20 fouls a half. They only had one about 10min in. They foul constantly on there moving body up while moving thing. They hit the floor as much as Duke. I hate the style of play because its not really bball to me.

Butler is playing well but I can't for the life of me figure out how they are not called for 20 fouls a half. They only had one about 10min in. They foul constantly on there moving body up while moving thing. They hit the floor as much as Duke. I hate the style of play because its not really bball to me.

Agree. While Butler is not well-liked by SU fans for a certain tournament game, I was even more put off by their showing against Pitt in 2011. We all know Pitt gets away with a lot of crap from year to year, but I've never seen a team flop more than Butler did in that game. Pitt couldn't get within 5 feet of the basket without some Butler player sliding in and getting a whistle. I'd have given anything to see Matt Howard get Royal Ivey-ed in that tournament.

Butler hitting 30 footers now LMAO. Glad we're not playing in that field.

How do you get behind by 30 with something like 6 McDonalds all americans?

Bulter is dirty but UNC is Charmin Soft! If a team is going to be physical be physical there is a reason Roy's teams are always soft!

Brad Stevens still can't win the big one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Roy has been schooled by Brad in this one . . . . . . but thats how most UNC games go.

Amazing desparity on what is a foul and not from one end to the other. Still UNC can't let it get that far out of wack.

Agree. While Butler is not well-liked by SU fans for a certain tournament game, I was even more put off by their showing against Pitt in 2011. We all know Pitt gets away with a lot of crap from year to year, but I've never seen a team flop more than Butler did in that game. Pitt couldn't get within 5 feet of the basket without some Butler player sliding in and getting a whistle. I'd have given anything to see Matt Howard get Royal Ivey-ed in that tournament.

I'd have settled for him getting punched by Nasir Robinson.

Brad Stevens might be the second coming of James Naismith, but I have no respect for the way his team plays. It makes basketball worse for everyone. And Matt Howard = Michael Graham as far as I'm concerned.

I know everyone always complains about officials, but the officiating is absolutely lopsided right now. Butler has manhandled UNC, but they've done it literally and figuratively with absolutely terrible calls.

And then the travel on Marshall that wasn't called, what the hell? Jim Burr is working his magic.

I watched most of the game do not have that opinion.

I did not watch this game but I did watch Butler play some random games last year and came away unable to watch them because of the way the foul multiple times on each possession and it is never called. I watched one game they lost which it was almost shameless. They were riding people out of the line, pushing, hand checking and doing all these things it was difficult to watch. I was watching with my buddy who is a high school basketball coach and he said, "If they are allowed to play like this I don't understand how they ever lose to anyone outside of a top 10 way more athletic than them team."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom