The Casual Fan - buh bye | Syracusefan.com

The Casual Fan - buh bye

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
For this last game at least. And I for one say good riddance. Yes yes yes I know we need them around and engaged for long term success and to keep our coach happy as well, and the good news is between SU's aggressive marketing of tix and the real vibe of improvement with a competent coach they did and will again show up.

But that said the last two home games were brutal in our section. So used to having ample space to spread out, buy extra cheap tix for friends and family and then have them sit with us no problem. The past two games in sec. 320 we were packed in like sardines for the first time in like forever (which I'm sure won't be the case Saturday, which I'm looking forward to).

But all that I could handle for the greater good it represents. HOWEVER, what I could not handle were the constant yells of "down in front" with an actual hand on the shoulder to sit. We're generally cognizant of the circumstances and if the people behind us are sitting or standing trying to accommodate those around us so this was ridiculous that they might miss the extra point.

And then THIS: the loud cackling fans next to the sit down people yelling at innappropriate times with completely non sensical statements.

Or the best was those loud cackling fans agreeing and saying loud enough for us to hear about "how sad it is the way 50 year old know it all men are hurting the feelings of the kids" or "if the 50 year old men know so much why aren't they coaching", (when we were yelling to use one of the two time outs left when we were threatening with 25 seconds left with the clock running at the end of the first half against wake).

It was brutal and took every ounce of self control to stay amicable and not say anything. Not sure what was more aggravating having to deal with all of this or the fact they nailed the 50 year old thing...

Gonna enjoy this next game more than I probably should.

Last edited:
I mumble a lot like a cat lady with a shopping cart at the games but always make noise to help the D and not only on 3rd down. Will have a lot of room on Saturday no doubt... with 20K fans who want to be there. Plus, my second guesses have never been wrong yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom