"The City of Brotherly Love" | Syracusefan.com

"The City of Brotherly Love"

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yeah right!

WC Field's not so favorite city wasn't so kind to Syracuse fans yesterday as it's sports teams swept three contests where Syracusan's had a rooting interest.

The bad results started at approximately 1:30 PM as the #3 SU men's team went down in overtime to surging Villanova 75-71

Around 9 PM the favored, #22 nationally ranked, SU's women's team loses 64-59 at the Pavilion to the Villanova women

Around the same time, the first place New York Knicks, in the same Wells Fargo building where SU went down earlier, fell to the struggling 76'ers, 97-80 in a game that was not as close as the final score would indicate.

There was something foul in the air over Philly for Syracuse fans on the 26th of January, 2013.

I was at two of those games so I will take the blame. Only positives were meeting John Wallace and Scoop at the Knicks game and sitting next to Irv Gotti center court first row.

I was at two of those games so I will take the blame. Only positives were meeting John Wallace and Scoop at the Knicks game and sitting next to Irv Gotti center court first row.
Were you at the Garden earlier in the year when another Philly team Temple took down the Orange?

Something was in the water down there...Melo looked like he was back on the Nuggets.. "Let me take 30 shots.. ya'll find the scraps"

Were you at the Garden earlier in the year when another Philly team Temple took down the Orange?

Yes I was guilty as charged...but I was also in San Diego so I'm 1-2

Yes I was guilty as charged...but I was also in San Diego so I'm 1-2
I forgot, there is one more, the Temple ladies gave the SU women's team their first loss too.

That does it, no more Philadelphia Cream Cheese or Philly Cheese Steaks for this Orange fan.