The Cleveland Job is a good job | Syracusefan.com

The Cleveland Job is a good job

Don

2nd String
Wow cant believe people who say this is a bad job because of ownership. The owner is brand new and has cleaned house. the Browns have some of the most rabid fans in Pro Sports. They are actually on the brink of being half decent on the field. The Browns are Like the SU of the NFL. they have great History but have not been great for about the same term as when Coach Marrone was hired here. I think this would be a good fit for any coach depending on how the new owner is.

I hope the Coach stays here but dont sell the Browns job short, the fact that the new owner wants a coach before a GM and wants that coach quickly points to a college coach who is free to move quickly rather than an NFL assistant with a high profile still in the playoffs or a one of the retreads just let go.

And Marrone could still use his collection of orange neckties.

The Browns are Like the SU of the NFL. they have great History but have not been great for about the same term as when Coach Marrone was hired here.

Or, since the world was flat. Sorry, Bernie Kosar wasn't calling signals in the Browns backfield four years ago. It was the mid-80's. That's been how long it's been since the Browns were relevant.

It's a great job right now because in Baltimore Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are on the way out and Baltimore has regressed some this year. They aren't the same Ravens as years past. Pittsburgh is in a transition and is getting old. That division is in flux right now.

Not to mention if you go to Cleveland and just win 8 or 9 games one year they will build you a statute in that city! They are that hungry to just be respectable at this point. The bar can't be set any lower than it is in Cleveland.

Coach before GM? Who would take that job without knowing who they're working with?

Bills have some pieces too but had one of the worst defenses in league history, think they go with a D coach.

You take the job because you know you are working for Joe Banner (former Eagles executive) who was executive Andy Reid reported to for most of his tenure in Philly. Its not like the Browns don't have a person in charge of its football operations.

I know he hasn't been mentioned for it, but the KC gig is a good 1 too. I'd stay away from the rest.

I know he hasn't been mentioned for it, but the KC gig is a good 1 too. I'd stay away from the rest.

funny...just last night k.c.,cleveland and buffalo was tagged the three worst jobs out there last night. bad q.b. play, bad defenses and no front office support which leads to short term job security.

funny...just last night k.c.,cleveland and buffalo was tagged the three worst jobs out there last night. bad q.b. play, bad defenses and no front office support which leads to short term job security.
I'm not talking about that, should've been more clear I guess, was basically talking ownership and fan support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom