The Coaching staff & the future of SU Football | Syracusefan.com

The Coaching staff & the future of SU Football

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
I think we will get a read on the seriousness of the school in competing in Football based on the staff that is hired. If we bring in a OC with serious experience and success and a top recruiter, that'll be a good sign that SU means business. If we promote a postition coach from somewhere, that'll also tell us something.

I know people wanted to make this judgment based on whether SU got Marrone back, but he just wanted to move on to the NFL while he was hot and there was nothing they could do.

Yep because the last oc we hired had no experience as an oc or a position coach, was a quality control guy in the NFL... 3 years later people are throwing a temper tantrum that he isn't our head coach, people didn't even want Hackett coaching the qbs let alone the oc.

Marrone hired an experienced play caller at first and he sucked but but but that was different. People were also pissed when shafer was hired too for the most part because he had just been fired at Michigan

Yep because the last oc we hired had no experience as an oc or a position coach, was a quality control guy in the NFL... 3 years later people are throwing a temper tantrum that he isn't our head coach, people didn't even want Hackett coaching the qbs let alone the oc.

Marrone hired an experienced play caller at first and he sucked but but but that was different. People were also pissed when shafer was hired too for the most part because he had just been fired at Michigan

Yeah and Hackett wasn't ready. You might recall, but we were pretty bad on Offense for the 1st 3 of Marrone's 4 years. In regards to Shafer, he had a great resume w/ great experience as a DC, with just one blight on it.
Thanks for proving my point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom