The Day After Is | Syracusefan.com

The Day After Is

Col. Bleep

All American
always the worst.
Everywhere you turn...there's the game.
Can't listen to the radio...watch TV news... surf the web or read the
sports section of the newspaper.

But this season didn't have the usual debacle.
We lost to a great team that outplayed us in a close game.
They played pretty well...we didn't...and it was still close.
Making the first half layups we missed would have made it a different game.
But that's basketball.

That empty feeling in the pit of my stomach will wear off.
How long until Midnight Madness?

Two things on the day after:

1. You realize it will be 7.5 months before you will see another SU Bball game...major bummer.

2. Players that you followed their every practice/game for years, you will instantly never see play again. For every Carmelo, there are many more Pace's, Burgan's, Shumpert's where your last image of them on a court is in defeat. Sad. Hell, even guys like Warrick, and Etan, I have only seen a handful of times in their long NBA careers, for that matter.

I feel worse today than I did last night.

Same.

I don't know, in that Wiscy game I had resigned myself to the fact that if we lost, I could live with it. It was a great game. I never reached that point yesterday. It feels more like Butler than it does Oklahoma when you just had to sit back and give credit to Blake Griffin for just destroying us.

Same.
It feels more like Butler than it does Oklahoma when you just had to sit back and give credit to Blake Griffin for just destroying us.

That game was easy to get over because we were never in it; down 30 at one point correct?

That game was easy to get over because we were never in it; down 30 at one point correct?

Yeah, I think we got it down to 10-15 with 5 or 6 minutes left, but were never really in it (or close) - Griffin definitely destroyed us. Flynn did have a pretty amazing missed dunk though!