The difference between Princeton & Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

The difference between Princeton & Georgetown

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I heard the announcers say earlier that Princeton and Georgetown both run the same offense, so we have experience dealing with what Princeton has to offer (and also implying that playing Princeton will help us when Georgetown comes up...).

When you watch Georgetown on offense, they might pass it 5 or 6 times without one guy dribbling. The ball moves much faster around the defense. You might see a couple passes without dribbling by Princeton, but count how many times their guys dribble it a couple times before they make their pass. Georgetown will challenge our defense much more than this, and that should be a concern because Princeton is staying pretty close.

I'm more concerned with how we will deal with the GT defense. They are very long, and run an active 2-3. We have had problems handling other teams' zones, and by the time we play them, they'll have plenty of experience under their belt.

I heard the announcers say earlier that Princeton and Georgetown both run the same offense, so we have experience dealing with what Princeton has to offer (and also implying that playing Princeton will help us when Georgetown comes up...).

When you watch Georgetown on offense, they might pass it 5 or 6 times without one guy dribbling. The ball moves much faster around the defense. You might see a couple passes without dribbling by Princeton, but count how many times their guys dribble it a couple times before they make their pass. Georgetown will challenge our defense much more than this, and that should be a concern because Princeton is staying pretty close.
4 " (Height)

JB said on the pre-game radio that there is no such thing as a Princeton offense. That basketball is all about trying to get good shots, no matter when you get them, or words to that effect.

I'm more concerned with how we will deal with the GT defense. They are very long, and run an active 2-3. We have had problems handling other teams' zones, and by the time we play them, they'll have plenty of experience under their belt.

And so will we.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom