The Dino Babers Show - before Pittsburgh | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Dino Babers Show - before Pittsburgh

Sampson was recruited here as a Center.

According to Fresno's box score participation reports he's been playing.

What does Vetterelo have to do with anything?

I remember that Sampson and White were recruited as tackles but there was talk of Sampson playing center. The link I provided is from Fresno's website. It lists players who have participated in games this year and Sampson's name isn't on it. Vetterello was a less heralded player in the same class who is starting while White and apparently Sampson, can't crack the two deep. Thus "so much for being a four star recruit".

Sampson was always listed as a center when he was a recruit.

Not how I remember it but we could use a center as much as a tackle.

I remember that Sampson and White were recruited as tackles but there was talk of Sampson playing center. The link I provided is from Fresno's website. It lists players who have participated in games this year and Sampson's name isn't on it. Vetterello was a less heralded player in the same class who is starting while White and apparently Sampson, can't crack the two deep. Thus "so much for being a four star recruit".

Vettorello may have been less heralded, but he has a pretty good offer list (if both sites are correct). I count 10 other P5 schools.

Unfortunately, he's playing a little before his time. Unless they are a physical freak, the OL we tend to get probably shouldn't be starting before year 3 in the program.

It will pay off in the coming years though.

Thanks Steve.
I wonder who the captains are then?

One on offense, defense and special teams?

If so, my guesses are Moe Neal, Kendall Coleman and the Hof.

Vettorello may have been less heralded, but he has a pretty good offer list (if both sites are correct). I count 10 other P5 schools.

Unfortunately, he's playing a little before his time. Unless they are a physical freak, the OL we tend to get probably shouldn't be starting before year 3 in the program.

It will pay off in the coming years though.
i don't know what i'm talking about here (statler/waldorf thank you captain obvious ahhaharha) but gotta wonder if the young guys are just too light and in their efforts to get bigger, get slower

i don't know how anyone walks into the ACC strong enough to push people around out of the gate

i don't know what i'm talking about here (statler/waldorf thank you captain obvious ahhaharha) but gotta wonder if the young guys are just too light and in their efforts to get bigger, get slower

i don't know how anyone walks into the ACC strong enough to push people around out of the gate

Yeah, I don’t know enough to say what the biggest problem is.

Are they not strong enough to move people?

Are they too slow to get to the spot to move people?

Do they just not know their assignment to be in the right spot to move people?

The answer is probably yes.

Nobody is being asked to do it right out of the gate. There are no true freshman on the two deep. Veterello, a redshirt freshman, had his redshirt season and a full offseason. He came in on the light side so he may have had some ground to make up, but he is the youngest guy that is playing. One question is, why are there older guys that aren't ready enough to play in front of him?

Every other guy is a redshirt sophomore or older, so they've had at least two years in the S&C program or, in Ryan Alexander's case, had prior experience elsewhere and should be physically mature.

We are not that much younger than most teams and actually have what would usually be considered a nice mix of age and youth. Virginia starts a true sophomore, two redshirt sophomores, and two redshirt juniors. Pitt starts two redshirt sophomores, two redshirt juniors, and a grad transfer. That's not that different than us.

The expectation can't be that our oline will only be functional when it's loaded with juniors and seniors.

Last edited:
excessive number penalties are on the coaches. they owe us the yardage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom