The Downside- Arkansas State | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Arkansas State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Goals can be shifted up and down like a cannon as the season goes along. I liked to be focused on winning the national championships but that is a pipe dream right now. i'd like to focus on winning the ACC but that is unlikely in the extreme. I'd like to focus on winning our division but there is none in the sport. I'd like to focus on running the table in the pre-conference season but we've scratched four times. Today, after the bad start, the only thing I could focus on was finding a way to beat Arkansas State. the next step was focusing on trying to win the next possession. In a way, that's all there really is. keep doing that and you don't have to worry about the other stuff.

- Jim said that he started Bourama over Paschal not punish PC for poor play but to see if he could find a better combination “but it didn’t work”. Bourama scored a three point play but he also had 3 fouls in 5 minutes and no other stats.

- Frank Howard helped at the line, (4-4) but was only 1 for 6 from the field. And had a 3-3 turnover ratio. Jalen Carey couldn’t play due to another injury, (“a bruise”: he’ll be back when he’s healthy). Howard Washington is now out for the season, seeking a medical redshirt. So much for depth at the point guard positon.

- Marek Dolezaj still hasn’t become the kind of consistent scorer we need him to be. He played 16 minutes and took one shot, which he made.

One game, one half, one possession at a time, that’s the ticket to coping, eh? As my dear Chapel Hill Bill once wrote:

Never look behind
Never look ahead
Just smell the roses all around
And be glad that you’re not dead!

One game, one half, one possession at a time, that’s the ticket to coping, eh? As my dear Chapel Hill Bill once wrote:

Never look behind
Never look ahead
Just smell the roses all around
And be glad that you’re not dead!

Be glad the flowers aren't above you - yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom