The Downside- ASU | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- ASU

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Our offense is just so brutal to watch. I know we are short-handed and lack fire power but can’t we get the ball up court faster? How about giving the guy with the ball an outlet near the midcourt line instead of having four guys go down court to set up the offense and leaving the point guard to deal with the pressure himself?

- How about setting screens in the same zip code as the basket? How about having a intermediate passer who can pass down low or to a cutter or back outside for a three? I think you can do that against a man for man as well as a zone. The passer is just going to have to move more.

- And why can’t we dish on our drives instead of bowling people over for charging calls?

- And how can a team that forged a halftime lead in a game that could end their season come out totally unprepared for the second half. The first 2 /12 minutes of that half was our most pathetic stretch this season.

- Prior to his dunk and free throws at the end of the game, Paschal Chukwu was a 7-2 player who played like he was 2-7. He fumbled balls, let people get behind, tried complicated lay-ups instead of dunking the ball, committed fouls. The smaller Sun Devils looked like they were having fun out-maneuvering him.

- Marek Dolezaj was a spectator for about the first 15 minutes of the game was only occasionally involved after that.

- I had hoped Bourama Sidibie could have one of his up games since we hadn’t played in a week. But he only played 6 minutes and all he could muster is one rebound vs. a turnover and a foul.

- We had a huge height advantage at every positon but didn’t play in a fashion that could take any advantage of it. We only out-rebounded them 37-34 and at our lowest point we were 9 for 25 inside the arc. That’s 36%. We made out last four in the run that won the game but that only got us to 45%. Against a much shorter team we should be well over 50%. But we don’t post up and they used their quickness to stay in front of our drives.

- North Carolina wasn’t supposed to be a good defensive team. Neither was Duke. Nor was ASU. But everybody is a good defensive team vs. the ‘Cuse.

- Jamie Dixon awaits. He knows how to crack the zone. And TCU has size and good ball handling. They shoot 38% from three.

- I know how that little kid feels. I’ve been there.
article-crying-0315.jpg

SEE IT: Young Arizona State fan bursts into tears

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom