The Downside - BC II | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - BC II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We made only 5 treys in for the second game in a row, (combined 10 for 37: 27%). We’re going to have to do much better than that in the upcoming games.

- We could have rebounded better, losing the boards 29-35. Popovic wormed his way in for 13 rebounds, more than twice as many as any of our guys. Again, If BC outrebounds us, what’s UNC going to do?

- Jim Christian pulled a fast on JB by lining up his walk-ons to go in with more than two minutes to go, calling a time out and then leaving some of his starters in whi8le our walk-ons played the last two minutes. He was trying to make the finals core more respectable but the tactic failed and our walk-ons only go out-scored 2-5.

- Now we’ve got to play North Carolina and Notre Dame on the road and will be heavy underdogs in both games.

Glad you mentioned the things with the walk ons, that was really odd. Don't recall having seen that before. I think he learned why that isn't done more widely.

I can't imagine JB pulling something like that.

that's interesting, I had thought at the game that regardless of the margin it had seemed that JB went to the walk ons early.

- We made only 5 treys in for the second game in a row, (combined 10 for 37: 27%). We’re going to have to do much better than that in the upcoming games.

- We could have rebounded better, losing the boards 29-35. Popovic wormed his way in for 13 rebounds, more than twice as many as any of our guys. Again, If BC outrebounds us, what’s UNC going to do?

- Jim Christian pulled a fast on JB by lining up his walk-ons to go in with more than two minutes to go, calling a time out and then leaving some of his starters in whi8le our walk-ons played the last two minutes. He was trying to make the finals core more respectable but the tactic failed and our walk-ons only go out-scored 2-5.

- Now we’ve got to play North Carolina and Notre Dame on the road and will be heavy underdogs in both games.

Dammit, I made a semi-epic(semi-tongue in cheek) post about walk-ons in The Upside, only to later see them mentioned here. Ugh. I guess there was still no comparison between BCIvsBCII in that thread, which was my point, but I am still grateful to see them mentioned in some sense SWC, thanks!

Also, I'm glad you pointed that out. I remember the announcers mentioning the BC guys lining up near the scorer's table, but I'm not sure if they made any mention of them coming back. The way BC played, plus me being a bit distracted by the antics of the game thread on here, I guess I just didnt notice the difference. I was glad they didnt get skunked, goaltending or otherwise!!

As bad as the season has been, I'm curious if walk-on scoring is up at all, or if it just seems that way to me?

Glad you mentioned the things with the walk ons, that was really odd. Don't recall having seen that before. I think he learned why that isn't done more widely.

I can't imagine JB pulling something like that.

JB has never been concerned about win or loss margin. For him, there is winning and there is losing, and not much else. Win and loss margin would only matter to a school that had a history of point shaving ...

JB has never been concerned about win or loss margin. For him, there is winning and there is losing, and not much else. Win and loss margin would only matter to a school that had a history of point shaving ...
Wonder if this year should be different. If we get within view of an NCAA bid, we might need style points.

BC coach apparently had money on the game and was trying to get the margin down to cover. Best explanation. BC has history here.

being only 10 - 37 may actually be a good thing. It will be balanced out by a 13 - 18 or some such. If that happens in the next couple of games, it could be the lead for an upset.

I feel like popovic got 2-3 of those rebounds against our walk ins.

Your point is still extremely valid though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom