The Downside - BC1 | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - BC1

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Matthew Moyer was off to a bad start in this game with two turnovers, (including a horrible one on the first possession when he dribbled into a guy, turned and threw a lazy pass back out that was easily picked and resulted on a BC basket at the other end), and a foul. But then things got worse when he turned his ankle on a rebound, (and got rid of the ball before he hit the ground but was called for traveling anyway). He limped off and showed up on the bench later wearing a “boot”.

- Bourama Sidibie also didn’t play, although Jimmy Satalin commented midway through the second half that Paschal Chukwu, (who played 40) appeared “winded”. If Moyer and Sidibie can’t play we are down to 6 guys with Howard Washington our only recruited player on the “bench”. This gives Jim Boeheim two option: the five guys who played the whole game after Moyer went down or the three guard line-up he says he dislikes so much he’d rather jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Didn’t we have 10 guys once?

- BC was the perfect opponent to use Dolejai to play against. We will be playing a lot of teams that he would be less than perfect against.

- We've had walk-ons that were fairly big and could bang inside in the past, such as 6-6 230 Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye last year, (one of the best walk-ons we've ever had: he had 10 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes last year)), but there's nobody like that in this year's wear's group. The only forward is 6-6 205 Patrick Herlihy, so there will be no answers from the bench up front.

- Tyus Battle’s hitch in his shot seems more pronounced. He missed 3 three pointers and 4 free throws largely because of it. I wonder if it’s getting to be a psychological thing. He also had 6 of our eleven turnovers, mostly by driving into the defense and then trying to pass back out.

Last edited:
It's a good night when we're speculating about the hitch in the shot of a guy who went 9-14 from the field and 2-5 from deep.
Agreed. Not everyone shoots with form like JJ Redick. Nor should they. If for some reason someone asked Larry Bird to shoot like Redick, ... Bird would struggle.

On one play his hitch was so spastic that I was reminded of Elaine Benes’ dancing. But turns out he was fouled, so I turned my Alarm-O-Meter off.

Hysterical. Made my morning!

- Matthew Moyer was off to a bad start in this game with two turnovers, (including a horrible one on the first possession when he dribbled into a guy, turned and threw a lazy pass back out that was easily picked and resulted on a BC basket at the other end), and a foul. But then things got worse when he turned his ankle on a rebound, (and got rid of the ball before he hit the ground but was called for traveling anyway). He limped off and showed up on the bench later wearing a “boot”.

- Bourama Sidibie also didn’t play, although Jimmy Satalin commented midway through the second half that Paschal Chukwu, (who played 40) appeared “winded”. If Moyer and Sidibie can’t play we are down to 6 guys with Howard Washington our only recruited player on the “bench”. This gives Jim Boeheim two option: the five guys who played the whole game after Moyer went down or the three guard line-up he says he dislikes so much he’d rather jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Didn’t we have 10 guys once?

- BC was the perfect opponent to use Dolejai to play against. We will be playing a lot of teams that he would be less than perfect against.

- We've had walk-ons that were fairly big and could bang inside in the past, such as 6-6 230 Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye last year, (one of the best walk-ons we've ever had: he had 10 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes last year)), but there's nobody like that in this year's wear's group. The only forward is 6-6 205 Patrick Herlihy, so there will be no answers from the bench up front.

- Tyus Battle’s hitch in his shot seems more pronounced. He missed 3 three pointers and 4 free throws largely because of it. I wonder if it’s getting to be a psychological thing. He also had 6 of our eleven turnovers, mostly by driving into the defense and then trying to pass back out.
I was wondering at the time Moyer got hurt whether the traveling call was legit or not. I also thought he rolled the ball away and Chukwu picked it up but most of the attention at that point was Moyer being injured.

I was wondering at the time Moyer got hurt whether the traveling call was legit or not. I also thought he rolled the ball away and Chukwu picked it up but most of the attention at that point was Moyer being injured.
Definitely a quick whistle. Almost like they blew it, knowing/thinking he was about to travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom