The Downside - BC1 | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - BC1

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Battle was great but we shouldn’t have t have him score 31 points to beat a team like BC. We got little from Brissett in the second half and almost nothing from Hughes and Howard. It was nice to see Buddy do well but he’s not our second best player, as he was tonight.

- Both teams were called for 19 fouls but they got 23 free throws out of it and we only got 15. At one point we’d attempt two free throws to their 18. That was keeping BC in the game. there were several plays when we got fouled and appeared to have gotten a shot off but were granted no free throws.

- Last year we had one of our better rebounding teams and everybody was back but somehow this year we are having trouble getting the ball. BC is a weak rebounding team and we barely edged them 26-25. Coming into this game we’d been out-rebounded four times in a row and 5 times in 7 ACC games. Oshae led us with 5 rebounds. 5?!?

- Mr. Magoo did a nice job with the stats in Boston. Frank Howard had only one turnover? Buddy Boeheim had our only block? At least he wasn't officiating.

1548907560516.png

Last edited:
Need more than 1 defensive rebound out of PC. Glad he finished the game well, but he was brutal to watch for most of the game tonight. And as I'm obsessed with watching him, it's what I do. The line by Gminiski that PC was the lead blocker for Bowman on one drive was hilarious and sad at the same time. PC tried to go for a steal from Bowman, and was late getting back and never realized that Bowman simply followed him down the court and through the lane.

Need more than 1 defensive rebound out of PC. Glad he finished the game well, but he was brutal to watch for most of the game tonight. And as I'm obsessed with watching him, it's what I do. The line by Gminiski that PC was the lead blocker for Bowman on one drive was hilarious and sad at the same time. PC tried to go for a steal from Bowman, and was late getting back and never realized that Bowman simply followed him down the court and through the lane.

Twice he stood there while Popovic hit jump shots in his face and Bowman wen through him like he wasn't there.

Twice he stood there while Popovic hit jumps shots in his face and Bowman wen through him like he wasn't there.

That one tackle he made when getting back late was quite comical as well.

Your off a bit I sat 5th row center court.

BC brought their A game. We gave them a big shocker they had a 10 point lead had a good start and then we went lights out to take our 5 point lead or more we had something like a 20-2 run and some how they recovered and hung around we should have blown it out everyone on our team was stroking.

Very few bad shots from Eli/Frank/Buddy/Tyus/Oshae we got good shots and we needed the efficiency somehow they got a few stops and hit a couple threes when we'd get alead.

So we had it all the way but we only had a 6 point lead with 20 seconds left. No bad shots from our big dogs smart ball offensively but BC was overmatched but hung in there.

Refs helped them a little and gave them TIMELY calls but overall they were fair and called a good game.

Everyone individually played well. I think we got Pitt Saturday.

We all love Marek but he was awful last night. Missed a couple of bunnies and did not rebound well. Missed a couple of rotations on the zone that lead to wide open looks. His three was really his only highlight. Last night with BC playing fairly small and with Paschal/Bourama giving us nothing this was a game where I expected Marek to play 30 minutes and help distribute the ball and rebound. It was not his night.
Hoping we can get more from him at Pitt. With the schedule getting absurdly difficult this will be an important one to get.

We all love Marek but he was awful last night. Missed a couple of bunnies and did not rebound well. Missed a couple of rotations on the zone that lead to wide open looks. His three was really his only highlight. Last night with BC playing fairly small and with Paschal/Bourama giving us nothing this was a game where I expected Marek to play 30 minutes and help distribute the ball and rebound. It was not his night.
Hoping we can get more from him at Pitt. With the schedule getting absurdly difficult this will be an important one to get.

None of our centers gave us much defensively last night, so I would have rolled with Marek. At least he has a chance to contribute on the offensive end.

- Battle was great but we shouldn’t have t have him score 31 points to beat a team like BC. We got little from Brissett in the second half and almost nothing from Hughes and Howard. It was nice to see Buddy do well but he’s not our second best player, as he was tonight.

- Both teams were called for 19 fouls but they got 23 free throws out of it and we only got 15. At one point we’d attempt two free throws to their 18. That was keeping BC in the game. there were several plays when we got fouled and appeared to have gotten a shot off but were granted no free throws.

- Last year we had one of our better rebounding teams and everybody was back but somehow this year we are having trouble getting the ball. BC is a weak rebounding team and we barely edged them 26-25. Coming into this game we’d been out-rebounded four times in a row and 5 times in 7 ACC games. Oshae led us with 5 rebounds. 5?!?

- Mr. Magoo did a nice job with the stats in Boston. Frank Howard had only one turnover? Buddy Boeheim had our only block? At least he wasn't officiating.

View attachment 151790
Although I do agree Buddy cannot be the 2nd best player continually...having him pick up the scoring is def the upside...last year if Oshae and Frank had terrible games we got stuck and scored 50 points. Having a few other guys go off occasionally is so key. I get your point that we need more from others but overall him coming along and nailing threes and not having to rely on inconsistent scorers such as Oshae, Frank and Hughes to me is great.

Chucky just doesn't keep his hands up when defending. Shorter players shoot over him. It's maddening.

Chucky just doesn't keep his hands up when defending. Shorter players shoot over him. It's maddening.
Great point so true. Every time someone shoots against him I think maybe they will miss because of intimidation/rushing since Paschal is so tall and they never seem to. The fg percentage against him on short jumpers must be around 70%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom