The Downside- Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Buffalo

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We are 9 points from being 3-4 with losses to Bryant, Northeastern and Buffalo. Jim Boeheim said after each of those games that that the other team was really good, much better than people realize. But are they? Or are we making them look good?

- I said after the last game that we will not go 2 for 18 from three again this year. I might be right. We were 3 for 19 tonight. When is the three point shot going to be a weapon for us again?

- I get tired of our guys getting bounced around by physically stronger players, especially when they are on what are supposed to be the lesser teams on our schedule.

- Only one of our three true centers got in the game. John Bol Ajak, the physically strongest of the three got in and, in the words of Matt Park, was ”retreating all the way to the basket”. I thought we’d be blessed with great depth at that position but you don’t have depth if none of the guys are any good. We’re back with Marek playing center for us, knowing that he can’t protect the rim.

- Joe Girard had another poor game, 1 for 6 from the field, 2 points before giving way to Richmond who was a much superior player tonight. Park said that Joe seemed to be walking stiffly after a time out. He’s had 3 good games of 7 so far.

Last edited:
Not a true downside, but we might not have won that game without JB being a better coach than the assistant for Buffalo. Our press forced UB to take out one of its bigs, who then did not come back even when we stopped pressing.

Good that the team was able to overcome a big deficit. There must be some carry-over from knowing the team can rally.

Not a true downside, but we might not have won that game without JB being a better coach than the assistant for Buffalo. Our press forced UB to take out one of its bigs, who then did not come back even when we stopped pressing.

Good that the team was able to overcome a big deficit. There must be some carry-over from knowing the team can rally.

JB: "The press helped us a little bit."

Our D seems like it would make my over-40 pickup hoops team look good :confused:

We offer a delightful combo of slow perimeter guards who couldn‘t guard me paired with an interior D pretty much lacking in size and has limited rim protection skills

We give up more open baseline 3s than I can ever remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom