The Downside - Colgate | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Colgate

SWC75

Bored Historian
- That’s 1-9 start over the first 5:50 was so embarrassing it made the performance against Virginia look good. The only point we could get in almost 6 minutes was a Jalen Carey free throw. It doesn’t get any worse than that.

- When Jim Boeheim was asked in the post-game presser why he replaced Carey with Girard, he answered the question with a question: “Did you see the game?” When the reporter answered “Yes”, Jim said “Then you don’t need to ask the question.” He looked just like last year. He was 0 for 2 from the field, including a sort of hook/lay-up that just served the ball up to be blocked. He was 1 for 2 from the foul line but had 0 assists two turnovers in 5:28. After the game Matt Park and Jim Satalin not only speculated that he’d permanently lost his battle for the starting point guard spot but that he might not even be on the team by Saturday’s game.

- Quincy Guerrier moved around with the grace of someone whose sneakers were untied. Clomp, clomp, clomp. He was bumping into people and seemed to have a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Late in the game, he finally got squared to the basket and made a jump shot, then caught a pass from Washington and used his strength to get an “and one” and made the free throw for 5 points. I saw him posting up under the basket in one possession but he never got the ball. He had 2 rebounds and 2 blocks but also two turnovers in 12:56. He’s got a great body and some ability to play the game but it seems like such a struggle at the moment.

- Brycen Goodine played 16:07. He got 2 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists. He didn’t leave much of an impression – good or bad.

- Robert Braswell got to play 7:39 and nothing seemed to go right. A rebound bounced off his hands. He was shovel out of bounds and out of bounds was all they called. He smoothly hit a three, which convinced the refs to finally honor JB’s time out request. But he’s going to be a good one.

- We won’t be seeing John Bol Ajak, who is redshirting. I guess there isn’t a four game rule for basketball.

I am surprised to see Quincy struggle so much, because in Italy he looked like a man among boys. He rebounded very well and hit a fair number of 3’s. Yes, inferior opponents, but still. So, he becomes a work in progress, and I hope he learns quickly, because we need him

I was so pleased for Sidibe! He has waited years for this.

Girard on point had to happen. He hasn’t found his magic shot yet in college, but he will. Having a point guard who is a threat to score helps us significantly.

Marek’s dunk cannot be done justice in the videos. He electrified the Dome, and we needed it! What made it fun was its improbability. He is coming down the court, makes his twirl around, and it seemed to me that time slowed down while he was considering his options. Then he fearlessly goes for the two-handed throw down! It’s all about confidence and moxy at this point for our team. Way to go, Marek!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom