The Downside- Cornell | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Cornell

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The first 8 minutes of that game had an uncomfortable sense of déjà vu. I kept thinking that the last time we lost to Cornell was also our last losing season. The next 8 minutes didn’t make it go entirely away. Then came Roberson’s dunk.

- Boeheim was impressed with Turned-on Robey’s first half and equally unimpressed with his vacant second half. He’s a key player. We are a different team when he’s a beast.

- Andrew White was 3 for 10 and 0 for 5 from the arc….vs. Cornell.

- Our point guards were 2 for 7from the field and scored 2 points each. Neither got to the foul line.

- If you blinked you missed DaJuan Coleman’s contribution.

We kept good contact with the outside shooters after a bad start but we allowed way too much penetration for the zone to be effective and out interior defense was non-existent. The ACC big men are going to dine on us like we were a Thanksgiving turkey- or a Christmas ham

the backline of thompson , lydon, and A-trey may be our best offense option at this point but they are simply horrendous on D.

Coleman got out on that big guy who was around the free throw line, he made a small move and shot it over Coleman who didn't even get off his feet. Boeheim immediately tapped Thompson and the first possession he was in, Cornell had a shot clock violation. I really want Coleman to do well and it's obvious he has some basketball skills, but his physical abilities are just so degraded that he is a liability on defense no matter how bad people think Thompson is. Syracuse can't continue to spot the opposition 5-10 point leads in the first six minutes.

I still await White to show some consistency as a shooter. So far he is Cooney-esque without the hustle and D. Shooters make shots, not just in bunches during hot streaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom