The Downside - Duke III | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Duke III

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Too bad Cole Swider couldn’t have picked up where he left off in the Florida State game. His poor shooting was virtually the only thing wrong with the first half and if he’s put up numbers like the 28 points and 13 rebounds in 28 minutes against FSU, we might have been able to hold ‘em off.

- A questionable foul on Swider with 15 minutes to go followed by a dubious flagrant 1 call on John Bol Ajak seemed to blunt our momentum. At least the refs got to say “High, Mom!”

- Assuming we won’t be going to the NIT, the College Basketball Invitational or the Basketball Classic, (and the words of the coach in the presser seemed pretty final), the season is over, which means that the 51 year streak of winning season has officially ended three year’s short of UCLA’s all-time record. So has the 52 year streak of non-losing seasons, 8 years short of Kentucky’s record. Kansas now has the longest active streak with 39 winning seasons in a row.

- That also means that the college careers of Jimmy and Buddy Boeheim are over. People complained constantly about them but they are great kids who played hard all the time and were very productive players for us. This year they averaged 32.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 2.3 steals per game between them. And Buddy will forever have to recall that his SU career ended with him stuck on the bench because of one rash moment.

- This ends what I call the SU season. Yes, I know we’ve still got the lacrosse teams and other sports. But SU Football and SU Basketball matter to me more than anything else in sports. Beginning with the promising 29-9 over Ohio U. in football on September 4th we’ve seen 21 victories and 24 defeats. Both teams let too many games that could have bene won get away from them. Both teams needed to get some key wins down the stretch of the regular season only to find that that was the most difficult part of their schedule and they weren’t quite good enough to get them. Maybe next year.

-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom