The Downside- Duke | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Duke

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We scored 25 points in the first half before we scored 53 in the second. Gillon played tentatively and there was no movement and nothing being set up, telegraphed passes and bad shooting. We had three straight possessions where the shots were taken by Frank Howard or Tyler Roberson. Those two should never be in the game at the same time.

- The offensive boards: ugh. We had 4 offensive rebounds: they had 16. Of course they missed a lot more shots than we did. But we rebounded 17% of our misses: they rebounded 40% of theirs and had 17 second chance points to our 5. Their misses were almost passes to their own players. They seemed to instinctively know where to go to have the ball bounce to them. If the offensive boards had been even, we would have won easily.

- The no-call on Tyler Lydon in the first half when three guys mugged him , leading to a three for Duke on the other end was the most absurd no-call of the season. What made it worse was that, according to Matt Park and Jim Satalin, the ref told Jim Boeheim “Don’t you shout at me from across the court!” You want him to walk across the court and whisper to you?

- Tyus Battle had no idea how much time was left. Fortunately, John Gillon did.

- We’ve got one more home game. Everything else will be away from the Carrier Dome, where we are 2-9 on the season. if we don’t start playing like this way from the Dome, it won’t matter what tournament they put us in: we won’t be in it for long.

Last edited:
Whoever did the Post Standard game write up said Battle got the ball to Gillon "quickly." I have watched the last ten seconds of the game about twenty times now and that was a loooong pause before getting the ball in Gillon's hands. I really think our players thought Duke was going to score and were caught off guard.

The offensive rebounds were tough, but some of that can be expected when Allen is hoisting and missing 9 threes and the ball comes out so far. Needed the guards to help out more there. Only 6 defensive boards from our 3 guards that played last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom