The Downside - Eastern Michigan | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Eastern Michigan

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Tyler Lydon injured his Achilles tendon in the first half, (per what was said on the radio). It was said to “not be serious” but every time I hear the name of the old Trojan warrior I get concerned.

- We rebounded 3 of 15 misses in the first half, just 20%, continuing our stretch of not rebounding 30% of our misses into a 7th straight game. We finally hit the boards in the second half pulling down 8 of 16 misses. Rebounding has been an issue in all of our losses and if we don’t hit the offensive boards, we are going to get killed in conference play.

- We had 17 turnovers. I guess you can expect that in a blowout like this but we were having too many turnovers in games that weren’t like this.

- We were 16 for 25 from the line- 64%. That’s a little better than the Georgetown game but it’s enough to lose other games. It’s primarily Tyler Roberson: he was 2 for 7, his teammates 14 for 18. He was 9 for 9 from the line in those first four games. He’s 6 for 17 since.

- We continue our strange tendency to beat the lesser teams the way a powerhouse team should but then come up short against the mdi-level teams. I think “The general” spotted a key: this team is a much better offensive team facing a zone, which most of the lesser teams use, than a man for man. But how many zone teams do we have left to play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom