The Downside- Eastern Washington | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Eastern Washington

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We only shot 39% against a much shorter and inferior team. We missed 14 of 17 three pointers after making 19 of 45 in the exhibition games. We also missed 13 of 28 free throws. Yes, we are better than that and will do better than that but we’ll have to against a team equipped to compete with us, of which we will see several in the pre-conference season and every game from that point on.

- Poor Buddy Boeheim, who had been 12/22 in the exhibitions, including 6 for 12 from the arc, was 1 for 11 and 0 for 5 in this game. Elijah Hughes had been 15/23 and 5 /9 in the exhibitions but 2/8 and 0/3 in this game.

- Tyus Battle could turn the keys to the car over to Jalen Carey and Howard Washington but his poor shooting continued. He was 5/17 and 0/2 in the exhibitions and 3/10 and 0/1 in this game. he’s supposed to get more efficient this year because he’s got all this help and doesn’t have to play 40 minutes. Not so far…

- Ditto for our rebounding. We had several inches on them at every positon but only out-rebounded the Eagles by 54-43 and 17-14 on the offensive boards.

- We pressed much of the game and it was effective. But I’m surprised we produced only 19 turnovers. That’s a good total but not exactly “reporter in a hurricane” mode.

This was another exhibition except that it counts. Everybody gained experience and that's a good thing. Our defense is so good that our offense gets to go through its growing pains and still wins by 30.
I've said this before, but you are far too sane for this board. I'm surprised that the moderators haven't flagged you for this. Just what kind of maniacal chicanery are you up to?

Last edited:
This was another exhibition except that it counts. Everybody gained experience and that's a good thing. Our defense is so good that our offense gets to go through its growing pains and still wins by 30.
I've said this before, but you are far too sane for this board. I'm surprised that the moderators haven't flagged you for this. Just what kind of maniacal chicanery are you up to?
You funny.

That's for me to know and you to find out!

1541569138601.png

That's too many shots for both Battle and Boeheim on a night when other guys are doing OK. And Battle's body language was rough. Understandable, though.

One more for the downside: Eastern Washington's made-for-TV-movie high school jerseys. Wow. Somewhere the guy who designed SU's football uniforms was saying "Damn, they went too far."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom