The Downside- Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Georgetown

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We not only lost most of an 18 point lead against Pittsburgh, (it got down to 4). But when we built it back up to 16, I assumed the game was over. Teams don’t make two comebacks in a game. But Pitt did and caught us in the final minute. In this one be led 45-30 with 17:13 left. But Georgetown made a déjà vu comeback to within 61-65 with 5:47 left. But in this one we made the plays at the end to nail the game down, the big moment being the Braswell block, (a come from behind classic just like Alan Griffin’s against Buffalo), followed by a Boeheim three. But it was certainly nervous time for a while there.

- Going 13-18 on the boards in the second half indicates that our problems there are not going away until we get a true center in the line-up. We’ve got four centers on the roster. We need them to be able to help us if we are going to have a good season.

- We’ve got 13 scholarship players on this team but only 7 of them played and the starting line-up played 177 of 200 minutes. Georgetown played 10 guys. JB will tell me that it doesn’t matter- with all the time outs that will be no problem this season. I hope he’s right. We won tonight and that’s what matters.

- I’m not sure how good a coach Patrick Ewing is. Jimmy Satalin wondered why their big guy that we wanted, Qudus Wahab only played 20 minutes and why two bench players were passing the ball to each other in the final minute, (the ball wound up out of bounds), when a basket could have changed the game. They took 32 treys when we have no inside defense.

- ‘The Masked Singer’ is a popular show. Now they’ve got ‘The Masked Dancer’. Here we have the “Masked SU Opponent”. We were supposed to play Florida State. Instead we played Pittsburgh. Our next opponent was supposed to be Clemson but they have morphed into North Carolina. It must be hard to prepare for these games as the opponents keep changing.

A little more rest for our bigs might help the rebounding numbers in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom