The Downside- Georgia Tech | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Georgia Tech

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Georgia Tech is hardly one of the leading lights of the conference and they were missing their point guard. On top of that they seemed to check out as the game progressed. This could be the basketball version of football’s Duke game. In fact, it probably is.

- It’s going to take more than one good game to deodorize the stench of the last three games. if we can beat Georgetown and then go into the rest of the conference schedule with a 9-4 record that would be good, considering. But it’s not really ‘good’.

- Quincy Guerrier will not remember this game fondly, except for the team victory. In 12 minutes he was 0 for 3 from the field and didn’t score. He got a couple of rebounds and an assist but had 3 turnovers and 5 fouls. That’s -8NP, or -26.7 per 40 minutes. Nobody tries harder but he’s got a long way to go to be an effective player.

- The refs weren’t buying Joe Girard’s zig-zag move. Joe also drove into the paint with no real plan too many times. His ears are red from the chewing out JB gave him. I think he’s smart enough to remember that a coach’s criticism means he has great respect for your abilities, just not as much for your performance. Joe has a big future here.

- The opponent is still getting the ball into the paint too easily. That’s why Sidibie, Dolezaj, Guerrier and Edwards got 13 fouls in 77 minutes. It’s also why Banks and Wright scored 25 points on 11 for 23 shooting on an otherwise bad night for their team.

(Forgot to hit "enter" on this one. I was wondering why i wasn't getting any "likes". )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom