The Downside- GT | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- GT

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This game wasn’t just frustrating. It was depressing. This team just doesn’t have it. Everything is like driving up a hill on a slippery day.

- We have the bad combination of getting off to horrendous starts and having no depth so we have no legs at the end.

- Both our backcourt stars were 4 for 17 from the field. Our point guard had 2 assists and 5 turnovers.

- Paschall Chukwu had 14 points on 6 for 7 shooting vs. Boston College. Bourama Sidibe had 18 points on 6 for 8 shooting against Pittsburgh. Tonight they combined for 5 points on 1 for 4 shooting.

- Chukwu had 16 rebounds against Virginia and Sidibie had 16 against Pittsburgh. Tonight they had 8 rebounds between them. Ben Lammers, Tech’s big man had a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.

- We just had no leadership and no apparently plan. At one point Jimmy Satalin admitted “I don’t know what offense they are running”.

- I have never seen a game where we had so many possessions where one score might have turned the game in our favor and we got nothing out of it. In the second half we had 21 possession, (including after offensive rebounds) in which we could have turned it into a one possession game. We scored one basket- the second one after we set up the press. We missed our other 11 field goals, had 4 turnovers and were 6 for 8 from the free throw line.

- I’ll take a 17th win and the continuation of the streak. I don’t see anything good beyond that. Thank God for the Winter Olympics, (2/9-25). It should be a nice distraction. We’ll need one.

Last edited:
That's pretty eye-opening when even Satalin doesn't sugar coat it and says he doesn't know what we're trying to accomplish on offense.

Rough year. Not much more to say except (and I never thought I would say this) 72 days until the Spring game.

gif_temp.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom