The Downside - NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Jim said in his press conference that he was all ready to explain another road defeat by saying that we just don’t play defense well enough on the road to win. Then he said it was still true: we just made a miracle comeback to win anyway. He’s right: this was a road victory but it didn’t signify an end to our problems on the road by any means. There aren’t many teams, at least in this conference, that would have lost to us tonight. (And look for the Wolfpack to nosedive after this demoralizing defeat.)

- Before we took it from 59-75 to 100-93 (41-18) they took it from 44-36 to 59-75 (15-39). That 15-39 stretch looked as bad as the St. John’s game. We basically did nothing right on either end and it looked as if we were going to lose by something similar to the St. John’s score, which would have crushed our season.

- We were out-rebounded by the #126 ranked rebounding team in the country.

- Taurean Thompson got his usual 4 fouls although the one just before the half was BS.

- We had zero bench points. Tyler Roberson and Frank Howard played a total of 30 minutes in which they attempted 2 shots and missed them, had 5 rebounds, an assist 2 turnovers and committed 2 fouls. That’s -1 net points from the bench. In other words, nuthin’.

- Battle's defense on the final play of regulation. How can you lose the shooter with 1 second on the clock?

- Battle's defense on the final play of regulation. How can you lose the shooter with 1 second on the clock?

Yeah, he didn't have a big game in the box score, either. I have him with 1 net points: 6 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists but 2 for 6 from the field with 3 fouls and a turnover in 38 minutes.

Also it was still another game where we didn't cover the other team's main shooter, "Maverick" Rowan going for 31 points. he missed a few open ones down the stretch, too that could have won the game for them. He's the son of Ron Rowan, who hit the shot for St. John's before Pearl Washington went coast to coast only to be blocked by Walter Berry.

I'm not sure Rowan was Battle's responsibility on the final play. When NC State set up, Roberson was standing next to Rowan. Then Yurtseven set a pick for Rowan, which obviously slowed Roberson down.

I was surprised SU didn't huddle by the bench to go over strategy during the replay review before that shot. No big deal--SU just gave up an open shot to NC State's best 3 point shooter.

I'm not sure Rowan was Battle's responsibility on the final play. When NC State set up, Roberson was standing next to Rowan. Then Yurtseven set a pick for Rowan, which obviously slowed Roberson down.

I was surprised SU didn't huddle by the bench to go over strategy during the replay review before that shot. No big deal--SU just gave up an open shot to NC State's best 3 point shooter.

You gotta play like the boss squirrel!

1545836597_8a066f3e34.jpg

Couldn't believe he got a clean look. Have some awareness! Anticipate the damn screen. Geez.

How bad is JB in Roberson's head? Robey had about 3 rebounds that just fell out of his hands. He is not in the game long enough to get anything going

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom