The Downside- Northeastern | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Northeastern

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We went 16 for 31 from three against Boston College and everything was easy. We went 2 for 18 in this game and everything was hard. Guerrier is our only inside scorer and his game is just developing there. We don’t have the guys who can drive to the basket to score we’ve had in the past. So when the shots aren’t falling, we don’t have a lot of options. We were 17 for 42 on two point shots, just 40% after 66% vs. BC because the treys opened everything up for our passing. We went from 23 assists to 8. Normally assists are an over-rated stat but for a team running a motion offense instead of isolations, it becomes amore significant stat.

- We also have no real center. Marek does a lot of things but he doesn’t get a lot of rebounds or block many shots. He gets boxed out way too easily. We need Bourama and for the young guys behind to mature quickly to be a really good team.

- JB was furious at Alan Griffin, a guy who can shoot and rebound but is a work in progress in other ways. Jimmy says he was a just a catch and shoot scorer at Illinois. He hasn’t learned to cut or drive to the basket or even set up his own shot. Jim said that he also let his offensive problems impact his defense and he had 3 turnovers. No, he’s not Elijah Hughes – not yet.

- Griffin had -2NP: Buddy Boeheim had -9. He was 1 for 12 from the field and scored just 2 points, with 2 rebounds an assist and a steal in 33 minutes. He seemed very tentative and usure of himself. Jim said that BC left him wide open so he shot well. Northeastern was on him the whole game and Buddy was unable to adjust. If either Buddy or Joe isn’t hitting, then Kadary Richmond needs to get into the game and JB waited too long to make the switch in this one.

- If Tyson Walker doesn’t slide into Joe Girard’s knee going for a loose ball, we probably lose this game. Without a point guard, our press worked far better than it usually does and we get 21 takeovers and turn the game around.

- I spent the game thinking that we’d hear Jim say “It’s my fault – I never should have scheduled this game” – again.

Last edited:
Yep, I wanted to see MUCH more Kadary. What about that block of his - I loved that! I'd rather he play more now, even if it were to cost us a game (which I doubt it would) for his development. We will need more of his play later in the season so let's get him ready!

How in the world did Buddy get 33 minutes of PT in this game? Really undeserved minutes.
Looks like force-feeding minutes to make up for time missed.

Not to be discounted another reason(s) our assists were down is because we didn’t make shots and the offensive tempo of the game was SLOW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom