The Downside- Oakland | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Oakland

SWC75

Bored Historian
- That stretch over the first 10:38 of the second half was scary bad on offense: 12 second half points on 5 for 13 shooting and 4 turnovers. A better team could take control of the game if we have another stretch like that.

- Bourama Sidibie had a productive 7 minutes with 2 poitns4 rebounds and a block but winced after he landed on one play and came out of the game. He never came back. We didn’t miss him with Chukwu playing a strong 31 minutes, (Moyer became the center in garbage time) but obviously we will need him healthy for the rest of the season and we are playing 4 games in 10 days, which makes it hard to get over injuries.

- Several players continued to struggle: Mathew Moyer was 1 for 4 from the field and scored 2 points. Geno Thorpe was 2 for 6 and scored 4 points. Ohsae Brissett had an 0 for 5 second half.

- That stretch over the first 10:38 of the second half was scary bad on offense: 12 second half points on 5 for 13 shooting and 4 turnovers. A better team could take control of the game if we have another stretch like that.

- Bourama Sidibie had a productive 7 minutes with 2 poitns4 rebounds and a block but winced after he landed on one play and came out of the game. He never came back. We didn’t miss him with Chukwu playing a strong 31 minutes, (Moyer became the center in garbage time) but obviously we will need him healthy for the rest of the season and we are playing 4 games in 10 days, which makes it hard to get over injuries.

- Several players continued to struggle: Mathew Moyer was 1 for 4 from the field and scored 2 points. Geno Thorpe was 2 for 6 and scored 4 points. Ohsae Brissett had an 0 for 5 second half.

Moyer looks really out of sync. He couldn't buy a bucket in garbage time although he was trying to bully his way to the basket. He's a 4 year project for sure. He makes Paul Harris seem practically graceful on offense.

As amazing as he has been, I'm a little concerned about Battle. He is a complete black hole on offense. He either rotates the ball to no effect or he is shooting it. ACC teams are going to shut that down and if he can't drive/dish or facilitate we are going to have huge problems scoring. He's going to have to become a lot more multidimensional for us to win against better teams.

I'm concerned about the FT shooting. in close games down the stretch Battle is not going to get the ball unless our opponent is brain dead. Nobody on this team gives me a good feeling going to the stripe. Thankfully last years team had FT closers - Gillon, White and Lydon who for the most part were solid.

As amazing as he has been, I'm a little concerned about Battle. He is a complete black hole on offense. He either rotates the ball to no effect or he is shooting it. ACC teams are going to shut that down and if he can't drive/dish or facilitate we are going to have huge problems scoring. He's going to have to become a lot more multidimensional for us to win against better teams.

Preach! I was shocked to see the box score and he had 0 Rebounds and 0 assists. Yikes. How does a 6'6" SG play 38 min and not get an assist or Reb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom