The Downside - Pitt 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Pitt 2

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Tyus Battle and Elijah Hughes were a combined 4 for 22 from the field, including 1 for 8 from the arc. They average 33 points per game and only scored 11. I would have thought we would have lost by double figures with those numbers. Next time we probably will. Hopefully, there won’t be a next time.

- In the last three games Marek Dolezaj has played 61 minutes and scored 10 points with 3 assists. He’s got to be more productive than that.

- Howard made some big shots but had 2 assists and 3 turnovers in the game. He was very loose with the ball down the stretch, not for the first time.

- In the last four games we have attempted 107 two point shots and the opposition 106. Shooting fouls tend to come on two point shots and yet we’ve been to the line 54 times to 71 for the other guys. The fouls themselves have been relatively even, 59-61, but they are getting more free throws out of it. I’m getting tire of seeing the other team at the line.

Watching Frank handle against pressure gives me heart palpitations.

- Tyus Battle and Elijah Hughes were a combined 4 for 22 from the field, including 1 for 8 from the arc. They average 33 points per game and only scored 11. I would have thought we would have lost by double figures with those numbers. Next time we probably will. Hopefully, there won’t be a next time.

- In the last three games Marek Dolezaj has played 61 minutes and scored 10 points with 3 assists. He’s got to be more productive than that.

- Howard made some big shots but had 2 assists and 3 turnovers in the game. He was very loose with the ball down the stretch, not for the first time.

- In the last four games we have attempted 107 two point shots and the opposition 106. Shooting fouls tend to come on two point shots and yet we’ve been to the line 54 times to 71 for the other guys. The fouls themselves have been relatively even, 59-61, but they are getting more free throws out of it. I’m getting tire of seeing the other team at the line.
To be fair, Frank was nearly raped on two of those turnovers. He needs to be smarter though and pass around those traps.

Three out of the last four games were on the road and the ACC Refs are calling it as they normally do. Too many no calls IMHO when we are driving to the basket with obvious contact and then it's always called on the opposite end.

Marek is getting pushed around when he is on the floor. he had two good looks from the three point line last night and was one for two. I'll take it.

Three out of the last four games were on the road and the ACC Refs are calling it as they normally do. Too many no calls IMHO when we are driving to the basket with obvious contact and then it's always called on the opposite end.

Marek is getting pushed around when he is on the floor. he had two good looks from the three point line last night and was one for two. I'll take it.
Poor marek taking elbows consistently lol. The man coughed on a couple guys and got slapped with a foul. Hilarious in hindsight imo.

To be fair, Frank was nearly raped on two of those turnovers. He needs to be smarter though and pass around those traps.
And on at least one of the plays he was mugged on, his teammates utterly failed to give him any help at all. They were already in the front court, and he was left on his own. Can't do that when the other team is bringing the pressure like PITT was.

Watching Frank handle against pressure gives me heart palpitations.
Funny you say that because he and Tyus are the only two I’m NOT nervous about handling the ball. 2 of his turnovers were muggings last night. They looked like a “tackle the man with the ball” game from my youth.

Funny you say that because he and Tyus are the only two I’m NOT nervous about handling the ball. 2 of his turnovers were muggings last night. They looked like a “tackle the man with the ball” game from my youth.

I think those defenders were DBs on the football team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom