The Downside- Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Pittsburgh

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I tuned in hoping to get my mind off the mess in Washington. When It was 30-12, I was feeling pretty good. When it was 35-31, I was feeling some unnecessary stress. But then it became 49-33 so I was feeling pretty good. The last 11:05 was Syracuse 11, Pittsburgh 30! I take my blood pressure each night before I go to bed. I think I’ll skip it tonight.

- The big problem was that Bourama Sidbie was deemed not ready to play yet and Quincy Guerrier got into early foul trouble, (including a dive at the beginning of the second half that was obviously planned), and played only 17 minutes. That took away our inside game on both offense and defense and a big chunk of our rebounding. After being up 19-17 on the boards at halftime, the second half was 14-32. The offensive boards were 6-14. For the game the Panthers clawed their way to 20 offensive rebounds.

- It didn’t help that our offense, after making a bunch of threes early and excepting a nice run by Robert Braswell midway through the second half, was totally disjointed and ragged. Part of that was Pitt’s defense, which was very aggressive as they made their comeback. But we seemed to have no plan and even to panic down the stretch. Giving up 63 points didn’t lost the game. Scoring 60 after we had 23 in the first 9:32 did.

- A good measure of how our offense is functioning is how much Marek Dolezaj has the ball. He attempted 5 shots and had 4 assists in 40 minutes. That’s not enough.

- We made half of our first 14 threes, then 5 of our last 29. Joe-Boe were 4 of 18. Alan griffin made two early ones, then went 1 for 7. Kadary Richmond tried it 4 times and accurately hit the rim each time.

- Let’s give Pitt credit. They didn’t get discouraged down 30-12 in the first half or 49-33 in the second half. They just kept working hard, getting rebounds and loose balls and working the ball inside. The best team won and it wasn’t us. And they were missing several of their players, including their best one. A great win for them and a bad loss for us.

- I would like to see what our team would look like with all the players healthy and available after practicing or playing every day and without a coup attempt in the nation’s capital going on at the same time. Not tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom