The Downside - UNC | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - UNC

SWC75

Bored Historian
- North Carolina had an advantage: they can call their plays in Swahili and we won't know what their play is.

- Here are some highlights of the Tar Heels attacking the Syracuse zone: They sliced right through it in the firs thalf, entry passes coming not from the top of the zone but more from the sides to multiple cutters who would then pass the ball to the baseline. None of our centers could stop the ball once it got there and UNC made it look so easy.

- Tyus Battle had an amazing game. One of the amazing things about it was that he scored 26 points without ever making a single jump shot. He was 8 for 9 from the foul line but virtually all of his 14 missed field goals were jump shots. He started out with the most pronounced hitch I’ve seen this year, (although JB insists it’s not as hitch), and that seemed to throw him off for the entire game. We just needed Tyus to hit a couple of those jump shots to win or tie the game, but he couldn’t hit anything away from the basket except those free throws.

- Paschal Chuwku’s game consisted of alternating great and awful plays. The stuff involved his constant pulling the ball down where it could be taken from him, (as in the play with 1:39 left that gave the heels their final lead), or hesitating to shoot and trying to get the ball to a heavily guarded teammate with a worse shot. He also gave up lay-up after lay-up to the more muscular UNC big men inside.

- Sidibie and Dolezaj had the game problem except they didn’t do many good things to make up for it.

- The Big Three scored 66 points. Everybody else scored 8. If it was three man basketball we’d be national champs.

One last complaint about last night and I'll let this game go.

I simply don't understand why we never try to take advantage when an opportunity presents itself. I saw Brissett being guarded numerous times last night by the much smaller Kenny Williams, and even Joel Berry in a couple cases. We have to be able to get him the ball when that happens. It should be an easy layup, or foul and send him to the line, which is always to our advantage. Howard didn't have an angle as he was on the other side of the court and made a three, so I'll forgive him that one, but if you watch near the end, we had more than a couple chances to feed Oshae in the post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom