The Downside- Virginia Tech | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Virginia Tech

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Took a nice bath this morning and was feeling totally relaxed. Watched the first half and continued to feel totally relaxed. Unfortunately so was the team. They relaxed the whole second half and we, the fans were reaching for the anacin:
(That diagram was a very accurate depiction of what was going on in our brains down the stretch of this game.)

- It’s all in the numbers: In the second half we were 6 for 17 from inside the arc, 1 for 5 outside it and 11 for 21 from the line: we missed nine free throws in the last 2:22. We also got outrebounded by a much shorter team, 16-20.

- Chris McCullough’s decline continued. He did get 7 rebounds, 6 in the first half, but scored only 2 points, getting off only 2 shots in 18 minutes. he continues to have trouble finishing. Not only does he need more strength but I think he needs more confidence, too. He seems not to know what he wants to do to get the ball in the basket. He might be close to losing his starting spot to Tyler Roberson.

- Mike Gbinije looked like a superstar vs. Long Beach but he’s come back down to earth. His number’s weren’t bad- 10 points, 4 rebs, 3 steals, 3 assists, but he disappeared in the second half and was one of the big culprit at the line down the stretch. He didn’t seem to be able to get us into the right offensive set to attack Buzz William’s defense.

- Jim Boeheim had seen enough of Kaleb Joseph after on ly 17 minutes. It’s significant that the two freshmen, Joseph and McCullough totaled 35 minutes of play and the sophomores playing behind them, Patterson and Roberson played 51 minutes.

- Rakeem Christmas should have had 30 points in this game. Good things happened when we went to him, bad things when we went elsewhere.

- We attempted 21 three point shots. That’s their game. We aren’t going to beat them from the arc, where they are 40% for the season and were in this game (10/25).

- We didn’t win so much as the clock ran out. This was our third attempt to give away a game this year and the first time we failed. The problem with wins that feel like losses is that there are no losses that feel like wins to make up for them.

- Last year we were 25-0 and lost at home to a 6-19 team. This business of looking at a schedule and seeing 'easy' games is nonsense.

- Mike Lindsley just said on the radio that we’ve got to stop comparing Trevor Cooney to Gerry McNamara, “probably the greatest player this program has ever produced”. I’d say that’s over-rating him just a bit.

Okay, someone has to……"Over rated?" If it wasn't for Gerry McNamara, you wouldn't be able to write ten upsides. Not ten.

Okay, someone has to……"Over rated?" If it wasn't for Gerry McNamara, you wouldn't be able to write ten upsides. Not ten.

If he was our greatest player it would have been less than 10.

you actually took a real bath? last bath i took was syracuse -8 vs dayton. i'm a shower guy.

you actually took a real bath? last bath i took was syracuse -8 vs dayton. i'm a shower guy.

Showers to wake up and get cool. Baths to clam down and get warm.

morning showers to wake up, shave and piss. nighttime showers to clean up. relax and well..piss.

yes in my shower. wife has her own bathroom i'm not allowed into. she's a hot bath and oils fan.

(too much information?) i'll stop.

yes in my shower. wife has her own bathroom i'm not allowed into. she's a hot bath and oils fan.

(too much information?) i'll stop.

We're probably the only ones on the board who bathe at all. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom