The Downside vs. Boston U. | Syracusefan.com

The Downside vs. Boston U.

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Cedric Hankerson, like Dallas Moore a week ago, was the only weapon the other team had and we couldn’t cover him. Hankerson, who had been averaging only 9.3 points per game and making only 30% of his threes, took all 20 of his shots from three point land and made 10 of them. Somehow we fouled him twice and he made 4 of 6 free throws for 34 points.

- I’m not sure our regulars would have won this game if we kept them out there. Coleman, Howard and Battle were 2 for 15 from the field. Lydon was 0 for 3 from the arc.

- Tyler is 3 for 17 from the arc since the Wisconsin game.

- Howard, meanwhile, is 0 for 14 from the field in his last two games. OH for Fifteen. That floater sinks.

- We were out-rebounded 38-42, 9-17 off the offensive boards. BU got 18 second chance points to our 12.

- We are going to play a lot of teams that that effort wouldn’t beat. That’s why JB was so grumpy in his press conference; Imagine what he would have bene like had we lost? Actually, we don’t have to – he would have been like that.

Last edited:
I think JB was happy with a couple of things and players but overall I don't necessarily think the team 'improved.' Too many What's as you illustrated. Maybe the players' psyche improved though and that's a good thing.

I believe we were up 33 points when JB went to the Chukwu - Roberson - Howard lineup and the lead quickly melted down to 18. The offense totally shutdown with 3 non-scorers on the floor together. Why he would ever put that lineup out on the floor is a ? But if we never see it again, it will be too soon.

I believe we were up 33 points when JB went to the Chukwu - Roberson - Howard lineup and the lead quickly melted down to 18. The offense totally shutdown with 3 non-scorers on the floor together. Why he would ever put that lineup out on the floor is a ? But if we never see it again, it will be too soon.
I really don't think we'll see that lineup much. They were probably just trying to find those guys time and a 33 point cushion againt BU is probably the time. Made me nervous as hell though. Lol.

the much maligned bench finally got some serious playing time and kicked a$$. oh wait is that an upside ? well not if you want to play 6.5.

the much maligned bench finally got some serious playing time and kicked a$$. oh wait is that an upside ? well not if you want to play 6.5.
When the bench plays well against a stronger opponent, you might have an argument for getting them more playing time.

When the bench plays well against a stronger opponent, you might have an argument for getting them more playing time.

Or, when the starters play well against, well..... anyone...you might have an argument for not using your bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom