The Downside- Wake Forest III | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Wake Forest III

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This team doesn’t have an “EASY” button. We built up a 20-4 lead in the first half only to see it melt to 28-24, (a, 8-20 run), and had to settle for a 30-24 halftime lead. Then we built up a 56-39 second half lead only to see that become a 62-56 game, (6-17), before winning by 9 in a game that should have been a wire-to-wire blow out.

- We didn’t Have a Big Four in this game because, while his teammates were marvelously efficient, Oshae Brissett struggled, going 2 for 11 from the field and 0 for 5 from the arc. He wound up with 10 points and 9 rebounds but 4 turnovers. , (he was 6 for 8 from the line), but a normal game from Oshae and this one would never have been in doubt.

- We had 18 turnovers. we won the board battle at 34-30 but we were only able to get off 42 shots to 64 for the Deacons. Both teams actually had the same number of field goals, 23, and Wake had two more three pointers. We won it by being +11 from the line. Without the turnovers, again, we would have been in control all the way.

- Matthew Moyer and Bourama Sidibie were, to use a favorite Boeheim phrase, “not able to help us”. Jimmy Satalin noted that “Bourama can’t get off the floor. He could have had a couple of rebounds but he had to reach for them.”

- Tyus Battle fouled out with 32 seconds left and had to be replaced by Braedon Bayer. It didn’t matter here but it was a reminder about how much we are “blade running” here: any game could become a disaster with a just a few more whistles from the refs. I’m amazed it hasn’t happened yet.

- We’ve got to put it all together tomorrow night.

Last edited:
- This team doesn’t have an “EASY” button. We built up a 20-4 lead in the first half only to see it melt to 28-24, (a, 8-20 run), and had to settle for a 30-24 halftime lead. Then we built up a 56-39 second half lead only to see that become a 62-56 game, (6-17), before winning by 9 in a game that should have been a wire-to-wire blow out.

- We didn’t Have a Big Four in this game because, while his teammates were marvelously efficient, Oshae Brissett struggled, going 2 for 11 from the field and 0 for 5 from the arc. He wound up with 10 points and 9 rebounds but 4 turnovers. , (he was 6 for 8 from the line), but a normal game from Oshae and this one would never have been in doubt.

- We had 18 turnovers. we won the board battle at 34-30 but we were only able to get off 42 shots to 64 for the Deacons. Both teams actually had the same number of field goals, 23, and Wake had two more three pointers. We won it by being +11 from the line. Without the turnovers, again, we would have been in control all the way.

- Matthew Moyer and Burama Sidibie were, to use a favorite Boeheim phrase, “not able to help us”. Jimmy Satalin noted that “Bourama can’t get off the floor. He could have had a couple of rebounds but he had to reach for them.”

- Tyus Battle fouled out with 32 seconds left and had to be replaced by Braedon Bayer. It didn’t matter here but it was a reminder about how much we are “blade running” here: any game could become a disaster with a just a few more whistles from the refs. I’m amazed it hasn’t happened yet.

- We’ve got to put it all together tomorrow night.

Good points. The 18 turnovers bugged me, as did the Moyer and Sidibe bullet point. Was it just me, or did anyone catch the look on Moyer's face and wonder if he may not be a bit disenchanted at this point? Remember, he too had a breakout game in a NYC arena, like Dolezaj did tonight.

The other point that needs to be made is that Wake just didn't really play well at all. They never got into an offensive rhythm, suffered from poor shooting AND poor shot selection, didn't defend particularly well, and basically lived down to their talent level and this year's record. Yeah, of course I know all the arguments that our players had something to do with all that. I've made all of those same arguments myself from time to time. Still...

Good points. The 18 turnovers bugged me, as did the Moyer and Sidibe bullet point. Was it just me, or did anyone catch the look on Moyer's face and wonder if he may not be a bit disenchanted at this point? Remember, he too had a breakout game in a NYC arena, like Dolezaj did tonight.

There was a shot of Boeheim and Dolezaj talking calmly on the bench in the second half and Moyer didn't seem upset at all. JB was in 'teaching' mode and he was listening.

By the way, does anyone know what the two buttons on Jim's jacket were? I don't think they said "Dunk the Deacons".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom