The Downside - Wake II | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Wake II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- JB said in his press conference that Matthew Moyer didn’t play because his father told JB he couldn’t play. Supposedly, Matt was getting better. Now he’s getting worse and spent the game in a boot. Jim did not seem too pleased.

- We had a very nice lead of 50-36 with 11:05 to go. It should have been a pleasant Sunday afternoon. The Deacs then nailed three pointers on five consecutive possessions to turn it into a 56-51 game. Then we started to get on them and they had to go inside with less stellar results. But they still got off two more three pointers, closing the game with 7 in a row. Jim Boeheim said he’d never seen anything like it and if he hasn’t, neither have any of us.

- We countered with drives to the basket from as far out as Wake was jacking them up. We scored only field goals in the last 6:45 of the game but attempted 17 free throws in that time. We only made 9 of them but it was enough.

- Now that The Streak has been extended the next goal is to make the NCAA tournament. Before this game we were one of the last teams out. Beating Wake probably didn’t improve our positon that much- the important thing is that we didn’t degrade it. Of the remaining 6 games, four are again ranked teams. That represents a great opportunity to climb back onto the bubble and then off of it on the positive side. But as I look at this team struggle to beat Wake Forest, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh I wonder if we’ve got the right stuff to beat ranked teams. We need to beat at least one of them and probably a couple or we are likely back in the NIT.

They dropped another cheerleader! I didn’t see it, and it seemed less gruesome than some other ones. They took her out in a wheelchair and she had a brace on her neck. But really! I mean, come on!

They dropped another cheerleader! I didn’t see it, and it seemed less gruesome than some other ones. They took her out in a wheelchair and she had a brace on her neck. But really! I mean, come on!

I missed it. Must have happened while I was reading the paper. Hope she's OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom