The Downside | Syracusefan.com

The Downside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Eli Carter has NBA+ range and, to quote Boeheim on another player, “as much confidence as this room”. He throws in 25 footers like they were lay-ups. We stood there admiring him for the first 15 minutes before we decided to deny him the ball and get a hand or two in his face when he had it.

- We got out-rebounded 34-38 by a smaller team. Their leading guy had 13. Ours had 5.

- James Southerland was 1 for 6 from outside, (most were long), and 4 for 13 overall. Trevor Cooney finally made one late in the game after missing badly twice before. He’s now missed 40 of 57 treys on the season after being touted as an unreal outside shooter.

- DuJuan Coleman was a revolving door on defense. “Rock” Christmas got a beautiful feed from Southerland under the basket to end the half but bobbled it, reached for it and bobbled it again- this time out of bounds. We just are not strong inside at this point and if we never become strong this year, we are going to really struggle when we aren’t playing teams like Rutgers.

My addition: upon opening this post, I saw a banner ad with Lebron on it. I guess it isn't a downside for the team, just for the night. First time I've noticed it, although I don't always notice the ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom