The Downside | Syracusefan.com

The Downside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The refs took over that game in the second half, calling 30 fouls after calling just 12 in the first half. There were 14 free throw attempts in the first half and 30 in the second. I don’t know who might have won this game if it hadn’t degenerated into a free throw shooting contest in the second half. Neither team was really given the opportunity to play the game.

- We still didn’t shoot very well, 38.7% after 35.4% at Connecticut. We shot a very good 40% from three point range, going 8 for 14 after missing the first 6. But, incredibly we were 5 for 20 from inside the arc in the second half. If the refs hadn’t taken over the game, (which tends to prevent runs by either team), this game could have gotten very interesting. I’m not looking for “interesting”.

- JB refuses to try a line up with Grant at center because he’s not a center. That’s a good reason. But Christmas and Keita were being tossed around so badly by Teague under the basket I’m not sure they are centers, either. In 40 minutes they got 3 points, (all from the line) and 5 rebounds with 2 blocks. We are a donut team. And there’s no coffee.

SWC just noticed your signature. That quote is awesome!

SWC just noticed your signature. That quote is awesome!

I still liked JB's picture better. Maybe someday we'll be able to use pictures again. I don't know why it was suddenly a problem.

We are a donut team. And there’s no coffee.[/quote]

It's hard to "like" a Downside, but I liked that line so much, I gave in!

I still liked JB's picture better. Maybe someday we'll be able to use pictures again. I don't know why it was suddenly a problem.

Temery explained. They slow a site down, especially for people with slow computers or using the internet on a phone.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Temery explained. They slow a site down, especially for people with slow computers or using the internet on a phone.

Bees always on top of it.

I got the explanation. Is it a temporary problem or is that the end of picture signatures forever?

And, if it's been a problem, why were we able to use picture for as long as we have? It's been years.

I got the explanation. Is it a temporary problem or is that the end of picture signatures forever?

And, if it's been a problem, why were we able to use picture for as long as we have? It's been years.

Don't know. Not my call.

Don't know. Not my call.

Come on, admit it was! As much as I loved my c64, I know it couldnt have handled pictures.

The GIFs were killing me. Freezing up my old ass Mac, force quitting Safari. Thank you for the change.

As much as I liked seeing Tyson Chandler shoot lighting from his eyes and Portuguese goalie's plant face kicks, it was a nightmare.

The GIFs were killing me. Freezing up my old ass Mac, force quitting Safari. Thank you for the change.

As much as I liked seeing Tyson Chandler shoot lighting from his eyes and Portuguese goalie's plant face kicks, it was a nightmare.

Get a new ass Mac?

-The refs took over that game in the second half, calling 30 fouls after calling just 12 in the first half. There were 14 free throw attempts in the first half and 30 in the second. I don’t know who might have won this game if it hadn’t degenerated into a free throw shooting contest in the second half. Neither team was really given the opportunity to play the game.

-We still didn’t shoot very well, 38.7% after 35.4% at Connecticut. We shot a very good 40% from three point range, going 8 for 14 after missing the first 6. But, incredibly we were 5 for 20 from inside the arc in the second half. If the refs hadn’t taken over the game, (which tends to prevent runs by either team), this game could have gotten very interesting. I’m not looking for “interesting”.

-JB refuses to try a line up with Grant at center because he’s not a center. That’s a good reason. But Christmas and Keita were being tossed around so badly by Teague under the basket I’m not sure they are centers, either. In 40 minutes they got 3 points, (all from the line) and 5 rebounds with 2 blocks. We are a donut team. And there’s no coffee.

"We are a donut team. And there’s no coffee."

Brilliant. Great line!!

I don't think Grant is the answer at center. Rak or Baye has to be and I think JB recognizes that one of those two eventually have to step up if we are going to reach our potential so we need to continue to take our lumps with them in the hopes that the light will go on. Introducing a third guy to that mix might be a sip of coffee for our donut, but the only way we get the whole pot of coffee is from one of the guys that has been working out all year at the position.

With regard to the refereeing. I thought it was great seeing them whistle contact in the second half. There has been way too much contact that refs have been ignoring all season. The problem is that you have to do it consistently all the time, not just pick segments of a game to try to start calling the contact. If you do it in segments here and there all you do is create a mess because now the defense has zero idea what they can and can't get away with.

We need to track a new stat...the number of times Keita gets knocked to the floor each game without a call. Has to be at least 4. He's just too lightweight to play center in the Big East. He gets tossed around like a rag doll. He's listed at 215 (doubt it) and Teague at like 280 just pushed him aside. I love Baye's motor but it just ain't working. Too bad we can't put his motor in Rak's body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom