The Downside | Syracusefan.com

The Downside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Most SU teams have been basically the same team on the road that we are at home. This team is showing signs of diverging into two paths. We’re great at home but no post season games will be played in the Dome. Our last four road games have been ugly losses to Villanova, Pittsburgh and Connecticut and a win at Seton Hall that might not have happened if Brandon Triche hadn’t had a career game. I’m optimistic about the Georgetown game but pessimistic about what will happen in Milwaukee on Monday. And that’s the game that will probably decide the Big East regular season title, something we have a chance to win out-right for the third time in four years after doing so only once in the first thirty.

- We are still a donut team. Rakeem Christmas and Baye Moussa Keita in a combined 35 minutes scored 6 points, pulled down 4 rebounds and blocked 4 shots. And that’s actually much better than they had been doing. Jerami Grant added 3 points and 5 rebounds in 21 minutes. These guys don’t have to carry the team but I have to think we’ll need more production than that for a significant post season run.

- We’re pretty good when Carter-Williams, Triche, Fair and Southerland are all playing well. But in how many games will they all be playing well? The other guys have to help, too.

- After calling 12 fouls in the first half vs. Seton Hall and 30 in the second half, the refs called another 12 in the first half and 24 in the seemingly endless second half. People wanted to get home.

I don't necessarily agree that those bounty as ugly loses. One team made a three out of there butts at the end of them game. Pitt is tough against us at home. Uconn played basically their best game of the year against us. The one game where I thought we looked bad was against uconn with southerland back, but just getting him back to. I like this team and our chances in march.

mmm...donuts

Attachments

• donuts.jpg
    donuts.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 55
The refs were awful. And not in a biased to one team or another way. But they were missing obvious travels, whistling odd charges (except the one by Triche in the lane, that was a legit charge). Calling some ticky tack fouls and then letting guys get mugged. Poorly reffed game.

But I'm glad they stopped the game for 5 minutes to check whether CJ's unintentional elbow was intentional. /sarcasm.

Also, the only other thing I would add is that James let up at least 4 wide open looks from the corner again. Provi missed every one, but they can't continue letting those up. Good teams will hit 'em.

Other than that, it was a real fun game to watch. Great job exploiting the D and taking smart shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom