The Downside | Syracusefan.com

The Downside

SWC75

Bored Historian
-Is the paint dry yet? 74 missed shots from the field, 19 missed free throws, 44 fouls called, several tie-ups and a couple of time outs to save possession. The game was hanging and hanging there, ready to be taken and nobody seemed to want to take it until we finally pulled away down the stretch. I could imagine a couple of turnovers and a couple of three pointers and we lose to DePaul. It never happened but the second half was the longest half of basketball I’ve ever seen.

-We were begging to get beaten and DePaul was begging to get blown out and the net result was a 21 point Syracuse win. That will never happen again this season. Anyone else we play like this against will beat us.

-Brandon Triche got some good hustle plays and managed to score 15 points but when he goes up for a jump shot he’s become Trevor Cooney. Trevor Cooney has always been Trevor Cooney. Those are our “shooting guards” and neither one can shoot. They were 0 for 5 from three while Dirty’ shots were pretty dirty, (1 for 10). Overall we were 2 for 18 from the arc. That’s not going to beat any good team.

- I don't know who, precisely, is responsible for the last Big East game at the Dome being a 6PM Wednesday game against a lousy DePaul team but whoever they are, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

- Things can change but this certainly didn't look like a team ready for a strong post-season run.

We are missing way too many shots. We look like a rec league team out there sometimes.

The administration should be horsewhipped! I know it flies in the face of basketball tradition, but let senior day be the last week-end game we play. Is that so damn hard? And try to schedule someone who has won at least 5 games in the conference! I feel ambivalent about Triche, he's not at all one of my favorite players, and watching his lack of confidence has been painful. But he was a four year starter, has helped us win many games, and he deserved a terrific send off. A travesty.

Don't get me started!

While it felt good to win a game again, last night was fool's gold. Against the worst defensive team in the conference by far, we still couldn't shoot 40% for the game. And 2-18 from the arc is pathetic. We won't beat any good team if we continue to shoot the ball like that. DePaul is awful and they weren't able to take advantage of it, but other teams sure will. I don't know if it's just a slump or if that's just what we are for the duration.

-
- I don't know who, precisely, is responsible for the last Big East game at the Dome being a 6PM Wednesday game against a lousy DePaul team but whoever they are, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

- Things can change but this certainly didn't look like a team ready for a strong post-season run.
The last Big East game in the Dome should have been either UConn or Georgetown, Sat night ESPN game day. 7:00 before the Duke-UNC game fine. 36,000 garanteed!

I for one would have loved to see DC get a little more run last night. Only way he gets into some kind of shape to finish out the season is to play and Jimmy could have stolen some minutes last night.

The administration should be horsewhipped! I know it flies in the face of basketball tradition, but let senior day be the last week-end game we play. Is that so damn hard? And try to schedule someone who has won at least 5 games in the conference! I feel ambivalent about Triche, he's not at all one of my favorite players, and watching his lack of confidence has been painful. But he was a four year starter, has helped us win many games, and he deserved a terrific send off. A travesty.

Don't get me started!

I love bashing the administration as much as anyone, but the Big East sets the league schedule. But I will blame SU for the dumb 6PM start time.

Felt the exact same way that this wasn't a very satisfying 20 point victory. All of our recent problems were on display, but we happened to have an opponent with no ability to take advantage.

-Is the paint dry yet? 74 missed shots from the field, 19 missed free throws, 44 fouls called, several tie-ups and a couple of time outs to save possession. The game was hanging and hanging there, ready to be taken and nobody seemed to want to take it until we finally pulled away down the stretch. I could imagine a couple of turnovers and a couple of three pointers and we lose to DePaul. It never happened but the second half was the longest half of basketball I’ve ever seen.

-We were begging to get beaten and DePaul was begging to get blown out and the net result was a 21 point Syracuse win. That will never happen again this season. Anyone else we play like this against will beat us.

-Brandon Triche got some good hustle plays and managed to score 15 points but when he goes up for a jump shot he’s become Trevor Cooney. Trevor Cooney has always been Trevor Cooney. Those are our “shooting guards” and neither one can shoot. They were 0 for 5 from three while Dirty’ shots were pretty dirty, (1 for 10). Overall we were 2 for 18 from the arc. That’s not going to beat any good team.

While it felt good to win a game again, last night was fool's gold. Against the worst defensive team in the conference by far, we still couldn't shoot 40% for the game. And 2-18 from the arc is pathetic. We won't beat any good team if we continue to shoot the ball like that. DePaul is awful and they weren't able to take advantage of it, but other teams sure will. I don't know if it's just a slump or if that's just what we are for the duration.

Agree 100% This is the first season in a long time that I am wondering what next year will bring and not dreaming about long runs in the BET and the NCAA's.

This team is what it is. We are not deep, we have no consistent scoring threat other than CJ and we do not have that floor general that makes those around him better players.

You can be as pessimistic as you want about this team, but so should every other fan base who has a team in the top 25. Kansas lost to TCU this year. They are worse than depaul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom