The ending of FB season was so refreshing compared to BB season | Syracusefan.com

The ending of FB season was so refreshing compared to BB season

Alsacs

Living Legend
Now that BB season is over my attention is to FB.
We ended the season with 2 great wins. I like the offensive talent it looks like we have for next season
I am worried about DEs and CBs next year but I think we have 8-4 talent next year. I will judge this season by how we do against Notre Dame, Clemson,and Florida State.

Good luck with that. I will judge the season with how we do versus the 9 other teams. ND returns a ton of kids and also gets their qb back. Those 3 teams are all well coached with tremendous talent.

I didn't mean I expect to beat those 3 teams I just want to see improvement against Clemson and Florida State. Those game were over by the first quarter and Notre Dame is suppose to be a home game so we should be competitive there. If we lose closer games I will consider it progress.

I didn't mean I expect to beat those 3 teams I just want to see improvement against Clemson and Florida State. Those game were over by the first quarter and Notre Dame is suppose to be a home game so we should be competitive there. If we lose closer games I will consider it progress.

I totally agree with this. Based on your first post, I was also wondering if you were expecting to beat those three but I am totally on board with your thoughts here. Florida State will be really tough but I think we can and should compete much better with Clemson than last year and also with Notre Dame.

The football season was refreshing because the team improved into November, competed well with Pitt, beat BC, and closed with a winning bowl game, beating a favored team.

Would be happy with a similar progression in 2014. Don't care about close losses to the top of the league -- get the wins we need, stay healthy, and finish on an upbeat.

...and Notre Dame is suppose to be a home game so we should be competitive there.

come on Al.

The thing about bowl season is that 1/2 of the teams end on a winning note.
The problem with the NCAA tournament is that all but 1 team ends their season with a disappointing loss.
Such is the nature of the beast.

...and Notre Dame is suppose to be a home game so we should be competitive there.

come on Al.
Look I am just stating a fact. I wasn't looking to bring up the old debate. That game is scheduled nothing will change, but if you think their will be more Syracuse fans in the stadium than Notre Dame fans on September 27th I disagree. It will be a neutral site game which makes it a winnable game. Metlife holds 82k I think the crowd will be 30k Syracuse 50k Notre Dame fans.

Nothing is going to change, I still think we can beat Notre Dame if everything breaks right and I just want to be competitive with Clemson and Florida State.

Look I am just stating a fact. I wasn't looking to bring up the old debate. That game is scheduled nothing will change, but if you think their will be more Syracuse fans in the stadium than Notre Dame fans on September 27th I disagree. It will be a neutral site game which makes it a winnable game. Metlife holds 82k I think the crowd will be 30k Syracuse 50k Notre Dame fans.

Nothing is going to change, I still think we can beat Notre Dame if everything breaks right and I just want to be competitive with Clemson and Florida State.
well, you set that up as Syracuse should be comepetive because its a suppossed home game, knowing damn well that it wont be. its 'home' only for $$$ purposes.

its winnable for sure, but they will have their QB back, so im not leaning 1 way or the other right now.

but lets not go throwing it in the W column because its a 'home' game.

After reading about the increase in tempo...I'm really excited. I so wanna see us holding up funky "quad signs" of Miss America, Hofmann Coney, Snow blower and Grace Jones.

well, you set that up as Syracuse should be comepetive because its a suppossed home game, knowing damn well that it wont be. its 'home' only for $$$ purposes.

its winnable for sure, but they will have their QB back, so im not leaning 1 way or the other right now.

but lets not go throwing it in the W column because its a 'home' game.

If 30K SU fans show up, it won't be a home game for ND either.