The FBI "Second Shoe to Drop" thoughts | Syracusefan.com

The FBI "Second Shoe to Drop" thoughts

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I've been thinking about discussing this for a while now and I'm interested to hear some thoughts in response to the info that's been given me. Obviously, I'm no board insider or anything of that nature, but I do work in college sports world and have access/relationships with coaches and players from DI to NAIA. In the realm of the FBI dropping some more bombs in their NCAA investigation, I've had 4 different sources tell me (none of which are in contact with each other) that it's a definitive YES and that the number is specifically about 150 names tied into the investigation. All 4 gave that same number independently. I've been told that it will probably not come down until after the season, but will happen. For those of you who are connected, have you been hearing the same thing? That there will be another shoe to drop and there are 150 names involved in the investigation? I'm interested to hear if my info is corroborated with what others are hearing. What are your thoughts or insights about this?

*mods, if this needs to be grafted into the already existing FBI investigation thread, go for it

I won’t be surprised, but I’m sure you’ll get pushback from the usual suspects saying the FBI is just out to scare these guys.

There's a lady who slings Chipwiches who has a nice smile. I want to set up a kickstarter for her legal defense fund.
Here you go:
upload_2017-11-10_14-23-13.png

:rolling:

I've been thinking about discussing this for a while now and I'm interested to hear some thoughts in response to the info that's been given me. Obviously, I'm no board insider or anything of that nature, but I do work in college sports world and have access/relationships with coaches and players from DI to NAIA. In the realm of the FBI dropping some more bombs in their NCAA investigation, I've had 4 different sources tell me (none of which are in contact with each other) that it's a definitive YES and that the number is specifically about 150 names tied into the investigation. All 4 gave that same number independently. I've been told that it will probably not come down until after the season, but will happen. For those of you who are connected, have you been hearing the same thing? That there will be another shoe to drop and there are 150 names involved in the investigation? I'm interested to hear if my info is corroborated with what others are hearing. What are your thoughts or insights about this?

*mods, if this needs to be grafted into the already existing FBI investigation thread, go for it
The real sucky part is it probably wont include names like Calipari, Krzyzewski , and Williams

So because of the NCAA dragging SU thru the mud for ten years and then coming out with those pathetic nothingburger violations, the Orange are now the only team that is officially in the clear at this point? I mean, they went over the program with a fine tooth comb. What sweet irony and poetic justice. Use it on the recruiting trail, " You know the rest of the schools your being recruited by are very likely to have huge coaching changes because of sneakergate".

Just to add a little more flavor to others troubles, I read today that Southern Accreditation (whatever) is looking at UNC again because UNC changed their tune with what they told the NCAA vs what they had told Southern a couple years ago.

Just to add a little more flavor to others troubles, I read today that Southern Accreditation (whatever) is looking at UNC again because UNC changed their tune with what they told the NCAA vs what they had told Southern a couple years ago.

Hope you're right but on the record as saying it will be more flash than substance.
The problem is that SACS only has 2 options, probation or revoking accreditation (the academic death penalty). It's meaningless if SACS puts them back on probation and a snowball in Hell would have to give you points if you think they'll revoke accreditation.

Not sure how that number gets arrived at by non-law enforcement personnel

Last edited:
The problem is that SACS only has 2 options, probation or revoking accreditation (the academic death penalty). It's meaningless if SACS puts them back on probation and a snowball in Hell would have to give you points if you think they'll revoke accreditation.
Maybe so, but a second probation would cost them enrollees and damage their reputation if only on a small level. It would still put a stink on a UNC diploma.

Maybe so, but a second probation would cost them enrollees and damage their reputation if only on a small level. It would still put a stink on a UNC diploma.
It is too bad probation would not automatically cost UNC research grants as that is the real golden goose in academia.

It is too bad probation would not automatically cost UNC research grants as that is the real golden goose in academia.
True that but in some areas the name of the lead research person is more important than the university.

I'm hearing that it's literally EVERYONE in college hoops getting indicted, all the way down to concession workers.

I have notoriously bad sources, though.

What about season ticket holders and internet forum members? It might be a crime to root for a school that broke the law.

What about season ticket holders and internet forum members? It might be a crime to root for a school that broke the law.
Yeah, that’s why Penn State supporters have been so contrite the last few years...

My sources tell me that will be the third shoe to drop.

I heard there will be no more shoes to drop but there will the the sound of pants hitting the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom