The Final Four is on TBS? | Syracusefan.com

The Final Four is on TBS?

I was surprised when the saturday Elite 8 games were on TBS. If I were the NCAA, I wouldn't be too happy about that. But the Final Four? That's stupid.

A game that starts at about 9:20 pm est on a cable station, interesting. I'll watch if UConn is in it because we will get a free trip to the Final 4 in 2015 if they win the whole thing due to our coke zero bottle cap.

I'd be p*ssed if SU was still playing. I kept checking CBS to see the games and instead find some garbage programming instead.

Every BCS bowl

NBA eastern and western conference finals

Much of the Stanley Cup

One of the MLB league championship series

All on cable.

How old are you guys, seriously?

;)
502= cbs
552= tbs

how dare you Fn expect ME, to type a '5' instead of a '0' when im tuning in for the game. the audacity of people nowadays....

and dont even THINK about asking me to use the remote control search feature and type in 'college' or 'basketball' or 1 of the names of the teams playing. id rather leave my tv, go find my computer, come on here and type a long message blasting the coverage for not being on the channel i DEMAND it to be on.

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

502= cbs
552= tbs

how dare you Fn expect ME, to type a '5' instead of a '0' when im tuning in for the game. the audacity of people nowadays...

and dont even THINK about asking me to use the remote control search feature and type in 'college' or 'basketball' or 1 of the names of the teams playing. id rather leave my tv, go find my computer, come on here and type a long message blasting the coverage for not being on the channel i DEMAND it to be on.

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

Easy for me. When the CBS, TNT, TBS and TruTV package started, I just created a "Favorites 2" channel guide with the four aforementioned channels.

It is strange that the Major sports events are moving off the networks and on to cable.

Is this due to consolidation in the industry? What does CBS have to put on that's going to beat out the Final Four?

It is strange that the Major sports events are moving off the networks and on to cable.

Is this due to consolidation in the industry? What does CBS have to put on that's going to beat out the Final Four?

CBS wasn't going to outbid ESPN by themselves. That's why they submitted a co-bid with Turner.

That's why every 2nd and 3rd round game was broadcast on one of the four networks (CBS, TBS, TNT, TruTV)

That's why Elite Eight and Final Four games are being shared between CBS and Turner.

Unless you live in the sticks and can't get cable or satellite, it's not a bad thing.

It's not a matter of them having something to beat out the Final Four. They are in a partnership with Turner Sports. This arrangement was predetermined.

Oh Cool, Well I love that every game is on TV since they added TBS, TNT, TruTV.

I remember before that if the game you wanted to watch wasn't on CBS you had to go watch it on your computer. Its a Win-Win IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom