The First Annual "James Family ACC Rivalry Game" | Syracusefan.com

The First Annual "James Family ACC Rivalry Game"

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
My brother went to Wake Forest.

I went to 'Cuse.

Yes, we've played Wake non-conference in the recent past, but this time, it's real.

Brother, dad and I all coming up to the Dome for the November 2 match-up.

Just got my plane ticket today.

Cannot wait.

You need to have a trophy you and your brother can use for bragging rights. Obviously this should be big and shiny as it will reside in your mancave, you want it to look good.

I get the pass on that one til hoops season, then it's going to be ugly.

I hope she's more loyal to you than the Tigers...it could get ugly after a Syracuse win.

Haha - she will definitely take it in stride. As a Clemson fan she is pretty skeptical. Have to remember that in the last 15 years or so they have dreadfully underperformed against their talent level, especially in the Tommy Bowden era where there were many, many What losses. For some reason the Peach Bowl win seems to have erased this...

Haha - she will definitely take it in stride. As a Clemson fan she is pretty skeptical. Have to remember that in the last 15 years or so they have dreadfully underperformed against their talent level, especially in the Tommy Bowden era where there were many, many What losses. For some reason the Peach Bowl win seems to have erased this...
Sounds like a good woman with common sense. Keep her!

Definitely make a trophy. My cousin did one for our annual March Madness family pool. It looks remarkably like the one The General is holding in this picture.
trophy.jpg

My brother went to Wake Forest.

I went to 'Cuse.

Yes, we've played Wake non-conference in the recent past, but this time, it's real.

Brother, dad and I all coming up to the Dome for the November 2 match-up.

Just got my plane ticket today.

Cannot wait.

Tommy Jones says the game has to end in a mony mony bet. You'll love your brothers' mony.

We fared pretty well last year in all of our games. We'll see what this season brings.

We fared pretty well last year in all of our games. We'll see what this season brings.

Absolutely...don't get me wrong, I like and respect Clemson a lot (except for the one game this year of course). Last year very well may be the season you turned the corner from good to great.

My sister went to Georgetown (law), My brother went to UConn (law), I went to SU (undergrad), My parents went to Villanova (both got masters). My brother went to Miami (MBA) and now his son is at Miami (undergrad). 2 of my cousins went to SU.

Thanksgiving was more fun in the nineties. The year we smoked Miami 66 - 13 - back in the glory days of the Big East -- the trash talking was glorious. Hoops season was fun too. Oh well.

One day we'll tell stories to the kids about how we were all in one conference - and it will seem absurd. I guess it was absurd.

My mom went to Kalamazoo community college. My dad went to the Air Force. My brothers and sisters never made it past the bed sheets. My girl never went to college. My kids are still in grade school. I graduated from SUNY Albany...

1287543733.jpg

My sister went to Georgetown (law), My brother went to UConn (law), I went to SU (undergrad), My parents went to Villanova (both got masters). My brother went to Miami (MBA) and now his son is at Miami (undergrad). 2 of my cousins went to SU.

Thanksgiving was more fun in the nineties. The year we smoked Miami 66 - 13 - back in the glory days of the Big East -- the trash talking was glorious. Hoops season was fun too. Oh well.

One day we'll tell stories to the kids about how we were all in one conference - and it will seem absurd. I guess it was absurd.

That's what makes life interesting. And your family has something cool to argue about.

You need to have a trophy you and your brother can use for bragging rights. Obviously this should be big and shiny as it will reside in your mancave, you want it to look good.

There is no doubt that I'll be purchasing a trophy/plaque of some sort.

Awesome idea... Thanks for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom