The foul on Triche at the end of the game should have been a "Flagrant1" | Syracusefan.com

The foul on Triche at the end of the game should have been a "Flagrant1"

armory

All American
From the actual rulebook:

http://www.naia.org/fls/27900/1NAIA/resources/sid/Rule Books/BASKETR.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27900

c. Flagrant 1 personal foul. A flagrant 1 personal foul shall be a personal
foul that is deemed excessive in nature and/or unnecessary, but not based
solely on the severity of the act. Examples include, but are not limited to:
  • 1. Causing excessive contact with an opponent while playing the ball;
  • 2. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball or player, specifically designed to stop or keep the clock from starting;
  • 3. Pushing or holding a player from behind to prevent a score;
  • 4. Fouling a player clearly away from the ball who is not directly involved with the play, specifically designed to stop or keep the clock from starting; and
  • 5. Contact with a player making a throw-in. (Women) This act shall also serve as a team warning for reaching through the boundary. (See Rule 4-17.1.g.)
  • 6. Illegal contact with an elbow that occurs above the shoulders of an opponent when the elbows are not swung excessively per 4-36.7.a.

1-and-1 & the ball please, kthx.

I thought it was clearly intentional and should have been called. The guy bear hugged Brandon and had his jersey before the official even gave the ball to the guy inbounding it. They got pretty lucky it wasnt called.

doesnt the nba have a dead ball foul rule in the last 2 minutes? i could be wrong but if what happened yesterday happened in an nba game, cuse would get 1 free throw and the ball back.

Bilas and Raftery both called the ref out on that.

Cronin even admitted in his post game presser that they were very fortunate in their late game strategy. With 2.9 left they fouled twice, we missed a FT and they were able to get a rebound in .4 seconds. 2.5 was left on the clock for their desperation shot. That's pretty fortunate.

Didn't watch the telecast, glad they did. Absolute bullsh!t that they were able to get a foul, the rebound, AND a timeout with only 0.1 seconds ticking off the clock.

My son and I were calling this out as soon as it happen. I was wondering if there was a rule change that I was unaware of. Just one more departing gift that we are getting on our way out the door.

I was surprised Boeheim didn't go nuts about it.

He waited until brandon missed and went nutz on him
I know. With all the bad foul shooting over the years...and he publicly goes after a guy who's shooting over 70%. Good thing he didn't do that with Onuaku!

You think maybe he was yelling at Brandon for not moving before the inbounds pass and getting himself caught in that situation (fouled with no time off the clock?)

You think maybe he was yelling at Brandon for not moving before the inbounds pass and getting himself caught in that situation (fouled with no time off the clock?)
If so, he sure waited long enough to yell at him...like after the FT. In addition, did you see the foul? It's not like Triche did anything wrong. The guy just grabbed him with the ball nowhere near.

If so, he sure waited long enough to yell at him...like after the FT. In addition, did you see the foul? It's not like Triche did anything wrong. The guy just grabbed him with the ball nowhere near.
Yeah I know. Just seems odd to be yelling at him for missing a free throw.

Yeah I know. Just seems odd to be yelling at him for missing a free throw.
I think his comments after the game support the theory that he was yelling at Triche about the missed FT.

i agree it should of been and that dunk by grant in the l-ville game should of counted but no matter what we got the win..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom