The game plan | Syracusefan.com

The game plan

Orangefan1

All Conference
Ok it was another 1 point frustrating loss last week, but I was encouraged with how our team showed resilience to come back. I just hope the Syracuse brainfarts I've come to know over the past 10 years for football doesn't happen today. Punting it the same way after a guy on Northwestern runs it back for a touchdown in an earlier possession really pissed me off. I blame the coaches 100 percent for that. This could be a Michigan vs Syracuse 1998 type of revisit to history if we can pull off this upset. Probably one of my favorite wins in Syracuse history is after our one point loss to Tennessee (which was bs) and I was hearbroken. We came back the next week and took the Big house by storm. Of course Rob Konrad was absolutely dominant that day and so was McNabb.

I thought of that Tennessee game as well, but there's a big difference. We were a top 25 team and Michigan was good but not USC good. Still, that was my favorite win ever. I loved when Jason Poles buried Drew Henson in the turf on a safety blitz.

Saturday morning is a good time to get pumped up for an upset because we might be feeling a little deflated by this evening.