The goal for the first weekend of the ncaa tourney | Syracusefan.com

The goal for the first weekend of the ncaa tourney

Why did kenny benya give jerry his suit?

• KB lost a bet

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • KB was huge, went from a size 40 to a 42 cause of lifting

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
this annual discussion would make sense if we actually had any solid evidence that proximity makes a difference.

games are won and lost on the court, not in the stands. the losing fans are the ones that whine about the "disadvantage" instead of accepting that their players or coaches just didn't cut the mustard.

this annual discussion would make sense if we actually had any solid evidence that proximity makes a difference.

games are won and lost on the court, not in the stands. the losing fans are the ones that whine about the "disadvantage" instead of accepting that their players or coaches just didn't cut the mustard.

Just want to point out that we have a 34(?) home game winning streak, not a 34 road game winning streak. I think location has some effect.

bluecurtain, get a grip, if we played butler in new jersey we win, if we played gonzaga in arkansas instaed of buffalo, we could have lost, duh blue curtain, close to home in

Just want to point out that we have a 34(?) home game winning streak, not a 34 road game winning streak. I think location has some effect.
Boston last year was pretty pro-SU.

it makes a difference but it's not nearly the advantage that some are proclaiming. certainly not worth 200 threads about the topic, but i realize you guys have time to kill.

it makes a difference but it's not nearly the advantage that some are proclaiming. certainly not worth 200 threads about the topic, but i realize you guys have time to kill.
so youre saying players liked to be booed as opposed to cheered.

gotcha.

Yes, I'd much rather read 200 posts from you about how Boeheim can't coach.

I have some decisions guys, here are my options (I work Thursday nights as well as M-F during the day):
A) Take off Thursday and Friday for the first round of the NCAA (best 2 days in sports)
B) Go in both of those days and take off the following Thursday night, because that's the night of the Sweet 16 of the East and West regionals; so if we're in the East we'd be playing for an Elite 8 spot. I could get home by 9:30 but I'm assuming I'd definitely miss the East regional.

Only problem is, us being in the East/West isn't guaranteed and I have to let my work know relatively soon (I started 6 months ago so I can't take all 3 of those days like that)

HELP

so youre saying players liked to be booed as opposed to cheered.

gotcha.

Players want to be booed -- it means they are relevant and opposing fans actually care. Booing should be saved for the officials.

blue curtain, playimg in buffallo as opposed to tulsa makes a difference, problme is you wnat su to lose, so u would prefer farther away

Players want to be booed -- it means they are relevant and opposing fans actually care. Booing should be saved for the officials.
ok, i used booing, my bad. dont think every player enjoys being the heel, but whatever.

so when MCW dribbles the ball off his foot, he would love it if the crowd cheered his misfortune?? so players love it when other teams success is cheered and theirs is not?

lets eliminate ever playing a home game again. away and neutral it is.

Oh Lord

I have some decisions guys, here are my options (I work Thursday nights as well as M-F during the day):
A) Take off Thursday and Friday for the first round of the NCAA (best 2 days in sports)
B) Go in both of those days and take off the following Thursday night, because that's the night of the Sweet 16 of the East and West regionals; so if we're in the East we'd be playing for an Elite 8 spot. I could get home by 9:30 but I'm assuming I'd definitely miss the East regional.

Only problem is, us being in the East/West isn't guaranteed and I have to let my work know relatively soon (I started 6 months ago so I can't take all 3 of those days like that)

HELP

Get a new job!

I would take Thursday and Friday off and just hope we dont play Thursday night.

HELP

take off thursday and friday. you said it, best 2 days in sports.

Get a new job!

I would take Thursday and Friday off and just hope we dont play Thursday night.
take off thursday and friday. you said it, best 2 days in sports.

Think you guys are right. I'll just have to DVR the Thursday night game when/if it happens.

I can't believe I almost like work get in the way of 4 straight days of drinking all day and watching March Madness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom