The Good News... (If you want it...) | Syracusefan.com

The Good News... (If you want it...)

mantonio

Starter
The only good that can & will come from this is the doubt in many people's minds whether or not Syracuse was the true Champion this season, just like 2010.

There will always be that lingering question, especially if Kentucky somehow doesn't win it all.

If we had Melo, & by chance got beat, there are no excuses or questions. This will be the topic at every round table for the next 20 years when Championships are discussed, how Syracuse was robbed of 2 championships by bad luck...

And on our deathbed we will receive total consciousness.

So we got that goin for us.

The what could of been is the worst. This is 1000 times worse than 2010. 2010 Onuaku went down due to injury. Ok, injuries are part of the game, that stuff happens. I have a hard time accepting losing a starter due to "team violation" days before the ncaa tourney. At some point you have to question the type of players our coaches are recruiting. Regardless of how good a player is, why bring in a kid if you have the slightest doubt of his maturity or if he can handle being a student athlete?

Fab not being academically eligible has absolutely nothing to do with bad luck.

You can blame 2010 Arinze injury on bad luck. Pulling a knee muscle against Gtown is bad luck. Pulling a 1.6 gpa has nothing to do with luck.

I'm not sure Fab's absence can be blamed on this. Even if it is, I wouldn't blame recruiting, as we'd still be without him. As one person in the bar said to me tonight, he should have had someone holding his hand on the way to class. Mantonio is one of my favorite posters on here, and a great guy im guessing, but the only people that will be wondering about this years down the road are Syracuse fans. I dont have any magic answers to anyone, I am just a mortal and feel like crap right now.

I'm not sure Fab's absence can be blamed on this. Even if it is, I wouldn't blame recruiting, as we'd still be without him. As one person in the bar said to me tonight, he should have had someone holding his hand on the way to class. Mantonio is one of my favorite posters on here, and a great guy im guessing, but the only people that will be wondering about this years down the road are Syracuse fans. I dont have any magic answers to anyone, I am just a mortal and feel like crap right now.

Experts are asking that question about the 2010 team now, so why would they not do the same with this year's incarnation, especially since we were even better than that team?

The only good that can & will come from this is the doubt in many people's minds whether or not Syracuse was the true Champion this season, just like 2010.

There will always be that lingering question, especially if Kentucky somehow doesn't win it all.

If we had Melo, & by chance got beat, there are no excuses or questions. This will be the topic at every round table for the next 20 years when Championships are discussed, how Syracuse was robbed of 2 championships by bad luck...
. totally different 2010 wear are like a UC without KMart. This year Fab flunked. F him.

Experts are asking that question about the 2010 team now, so why would they not do the same with this year's incarnation, especially since we were even better than that team?

You make a great point, but that year they had us picked as everyone's favorite. This year, even when we were undefeated and #1 there were 2 teams often mentioned ahead of us. Most everyone seems to say it was the officials, and if that was the case, it wouldn't matter if Fab were back in all likelihood. But I will agree that I am about as happy with SU suspending Fab as I am with them bolting from the Big East. So I will say the administration did make me feel pretty crappy with their moves this year. I'm sorry Mantonio, I will have time to think good thoughts later, for everything there is a season. I agree with much of what has been said here tonight, but none of our great posts will punch tickets for those young men to New Orleans. This game was clearly winnable and our guys didn't do what they needed to... even though their effort was impressive and valiant in that final minute.

. totally different 2010 wear are like a UC without KMart. This year Fab flunked. F him.

Fab was indeed a loss, but this is not ALL on him. Keita and Christmas played better than they had been prior to his absence. OSU hit some uncanny shots down the stretch, and the failure to take advantage of Sullinger sitting out most of the first half came back to haunt us.

I'm sure there are those who will think we would have been the champs this year had we had Melo, but as much as I love my Orange, the best I can give it is, we might have been.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that with AO in 2010, we beat Butler and advance to take down Duke in the Finals.

Cheers,
Neil

If I was a writer on "Fringe" I'd somehow get in a reference to SU winning the 1987, 1996, 2003 and 2010 national titles in the alternate universe.

If I was a writer on "Fringe" I'd somehow get in a reference to SU winning the 1987, 1996, 2003 and 2010 national titles in the alternate universe.

Well, at least 1987 and 2010. What might have been. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

I'm sure there are those who will think we would have been the champs this year had we had Melo, but as much as I love my Orange, the best I can give it is, we might have been.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that with AO in 2010, we beat Butler and advance to take down Duke in the Finals.

Cheers,
Neil

Well, the obvious fact that there were no teams that had dominance like this year with SU & Kentucky clearly better than everyone else...

So, in light of that, 2010 was a bigger disappointment...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom