The good news ... | Syracusefan.com

The good news ...

DomeStranger

All Conference
We played a good game and looked like a team that can compete with most teams.

There were 3 things that cost us this game:

1. Special Teams <shudder>
2. Penalties
3. Mental Mistakes

The good news ... I think (and dearly hope) all 3 of these things can be fixed. I think these are 3 things that can be coached and our failure here today can partially fall on the coaches shoulders.

If they get fixed, we'll get 6+ wins this year easily. If they don't get fixed, it could be a long season.

I blame Smith the most. That was a really bone headed play. Lazy and undisciplined. I would rather have PTG as #1. Where the hell was AAM?

I could not agree more. Clean up the punt coverage team/mental mistakes and we have a shot to win the Big East.

I blame Smith the most. That was a really bone headed play. Lazy and undisciplined. I would rather have PTG as #1. Where the hell was AAM?

Yep, I agree. It's one thing to make a bone headed mistake, that will happen, especially the first week. I can forgive Smith for not catching the ball, I can forgive him for being boneheaded and not immediately realizing the ball was live. However, when it was apparent to everybody that play had not stopped he just sat there and watched and didn't even bother correcting his costly errors. Buried his head in the sand. Awful.

Now that I've had time to stettle down, #%$%$#@ mistakes !

Yep, I agree. It's one thing to make a bone headed mistake, that will happen, especially the first week. I can forgive Smith for not catching the ball, I can forgive him for being boneheaded and not immediately realizing the ball was live. However, when it was apparent to everybody that play had not stopped he just sat there and watched and didn't even bother correcting his costly errors. Buried his head in the sand. Awful.

I think the entire offense has some blame. Someone could have run towards ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom