The Good , The Bad , The Ugly | Syracusefan.com

The Good , The Bad , The Ugly

Don

2nd String
I'm basing this on my own expectations of What "I thought we were"

The Good:
Alec Lemon Played well
I thought Keon Lynn Played well.

I cant give the defense a good but I cant give them a bad either. Once again this is based on my expectations I thought our defense would be much better than it has been yet its hard to really rate how good or bad they are based on the coverage they play and the schemes they have been in, Put it this way they seem to be trying to be a bend dont break defense vs. what I thought was going to be a attacking all out in your face defense.

The Bad:
Did they forget that Marcus Sales was having a monster season? Was he injured, was there defense scheme against him that good? or was our line so bad that Nassib was scared to give him time to get open. In any stretch to have him only catch two passes in enexcusable

Where is the pressure on the QB from the defense?
What exactly was the offensive game plan for this game?

The Ugly:

The right side of the Oline was abyssmal
Four turnovers is not going to cut it
The play it safe defensive scheme just to much cushion in the secondary and not enough pressure up front.

I guess I need to add a category called What
The short yardage /goaline offense is What , look one game like Stoneybrook might be an a fluke but when the same type of things happen in the next game its a problem, I might need to add our entire red Zone offense if I go back to Northwestern and the first couple of drives there.

The play calling on third down and long in the first half was What. I mean the run on third and long from midfield had me going for the coors light.

As for any moral victories or we can win or lose all the rest of our games I am from the Bill Parcells school of thought. "You are what you record says you are" Until things change we are a 1-3 team looking at missing a bowl game again.

that is all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom