The guy Andrew White reminds me of the most? | Syracusefan.com

The guy Andrew White reminds me of the most?

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
I hate to say this.

He reminds me of a taller Deshaun Williams. And I don't mean that as hyperbole, it's the best comparison I've got. He'll win us some games with a hot steak, but he's a chucker with no natural defensive instincts or driving ability. Ugh.

I hate to say this.

He reminds me of a taller Deshaun Williams. And I don't mean that as hyperbole, it's the best comparison I've got. He'll win us some games with a hot steak, but he's a chucker with no natural defensive instincts or driving ability. Ugh.

Ugh...can't even argue this point.

I would say more like Nichols.
I don't think Nichols was a chucker. To me, a chucker doesn't just take a lot of shots, when he misses, he misses badly. A lot of his misses are hard to rebound because they're umpredictable and all over the place.

I hate to say this.

Not gonna lie, I thought it would be Deshaun before I opened this up...sigh

oh my god, he is nowhere near as good as Deshaun Williams. it's also an insult to Demetrius who was a way better all around player. i'm sticking with he is a bad trevor cooney, except trevor could at least sort of play defense.

White only chucks when no one else is scoring. Him and DC kept us in the 1st half. I have no problem with AW3 trying to force things in the 2nd half when no one else is doing anything. Let's face it, if Lydon is cold and Howard isn't converting at the rim, we don't have many scoring options right now. Someone has to shoot.

"he is a bad trevor cooney, except trevor could at least sort of play defense."

and now you've offended the noun defense.

"he is a bad trevor cooney, except trevor could at least sort of play defense."

and now you've offended the noun defense.
White had that nice weakside block at least. To insult AW3 on defense and not talk about anyone else is silly.

I said it in the game thread. He's auditioning. I've been worried about it since the 2nd half of our game against South Carolina State.

On more than a few occasions he's had guys wide open and he's tried to get "his." A great example was in the first half when he had Howard (I think) wide open ahead of him for an easy layup. Instead he ignored him and had his shot blocked out of bounds. Then there is the issue of him ignoring other players so he can shoot a contested three. Don't look for him to make that extra pass.

I know we have 5 new players but the chemistry issue on this team goes beyond that. It's concerning. Will JB and the coaches be able to bring this team together? We will see. I'm not sure it'll come from the players we have out there.

Last edited:
A slightly smoother Trevor Cooney. Slow, black hole, not a lot of vision. A bit more athletic and more comfortable shooter, though.

I said it in the game thread. He's auditioning. I've been worried about it since the 2nd half of our game against South Carolina State.

On more than a few occasions he's had guys wide open and he's tried to get "his." A great example was in the first half when had how Howard (I think) wide open ahead of him for an easy layup. Instead he ignored him and had his shot blocked out of bounds. Then there is the issue of him ignoring other players so he can shoot a contested three. Don't look for him to make that extra pass.

I know we have 5 new players but the chemistry issue on this team goes beyond that. It's concerning. Will JB and the coaches be able to bring this team together? We will see. I'm not sure it'll come from the players we have out there.
I respect you a lot iommi, so if this is the case, I trust JB to fix it. Whether it's benching him or giving him a talking to. AW3's best shot to make the league to show his versatility and that he can not only score, but also pass and create for his teammates. I hope him/his support system can see that you won't make the NBA by taking 20 shots a game. I do think a big part of our success this season is hinging on him and Lydon scoring 16ppg+

On more than a few occasions he's had guys wide open and he's tried to get "his." A great example was in the first half when he had how Howard (I think) wide open ahead of him for an easy layup. Instead he ignored him and had his shot blocked out of bounds. Then there is the issue of him ignoring other players so he can shoot a contested three. Don't look for him to make that extra pass.

That was a terrible play on his part.

Every time the guy puts the ball on the floor, beyond taking a single dribble to gain a bit of room to shoot, bad things happen.

I respect you a lot iommi, so if this is the case, I trust JB to fix it. Whether it's benching him or giving him a talking to. AW3's best shot to make the league to show his versatility and that he can not only score, but also pass and create for his teammates. I hope him/his support system can see that you won't make the NBA by taking 20 shots a game. I do think a big part of our success this season is hinging on him and Lydon scoring 16ppg+

Well, I appreciate the compliment and respect you a lot too. That being said, I agree, we need him and Lydon to be aggressive scorers. It's not that. It's showing other things like vision, passing, making others better like you said. Not sure he makes others better. That's bad for this team that needs help. This team needs diversity. He's a one-trick pony right now and he looks like he wants to eat all the hay.

We need him to be a big contributor and our second leading scorer and I think he will be. It's critical for our guards to run an offense (what is that?) that allows for wide open shots (what are those?).

That said... LOL at anyone thinking white is an NBA player. Forget all that, we need him in college.

Well, I appreciate the compliment and respect you a lot too. That being said, I agree, we need him and Lydon to be aggressive scorers. It's not that. It's showing other things like vision, passing, making others better like you said. Not sure he makes others better. That's bad for this team that needs help. This team needs diversity. He's a one-trick pony right now and he looks like he wants to eat all the hay.

Everyone can go to sleep now, because nobody's topping that line.

We need him to be a big contributor and our second leading scorer and I think he will be. It's critical for our guards to run an offense (what is that?) that allows for wide open shots (what are those?).

That said... LOL at anyone thinking white is an NBA player. Forget all that, we need him in college.

The problem is White apparently thinks he's an NBA player and he's looks desperate to prove that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom