The guy who really killed us tonight... | Syracusefan.com

The guy who really killed us tonight...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
...was Omar Calhoun. This kid basically did squat the entire game until we left him open for daggers late in the game. Just as we are starting to wake up a bit and make a run, this kid starts banging threes. It was his late game offense that sunk us. Boatright and Napier got their usual points, as I expected. Letting Calhoun score like that let the air out of our balloon.

Obviously our piss poor defense had a lot to do with it, but still. You let a guy come off the bench and shoot you out of the game? Ridiculous.

Calhoun has been UConn's 2nd best perimeter shooter the past month outside of Napier. Not exactly a bench player either, he starts for them and gets 30+ mpg. He can't create his own shot but has really come into his own from sitting on the perimeter and waiting for Bazz or Boat to find him on a draw and dish.

I thought Napier would get his. I expected Daniels/Calhoun to hit some shots. Boat surprised me.

Two of his big shots were threes from the right corner, a big hole on the zone.

Southerland's struggles on defense killed us tonight. He was out of position on both of those Calhoun 3's, which happens far too often for a senior, experienced player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom