The Hall of Famers | Best Golfer? | Syracusefan.com

The Hall of Famers | Best Golfer?

That's a cute segment. Back when JB was the golf coach at SU, he was a scratch golfer, and he's still pretty good for a 69-year-old guy with bad knees. He also plays "speed golf." A couple of years ago, on the day of the Basket Ball, he and Sean McDonough played a round on the "tough course" at Turning Stone... and they finished in barely over two hours. Heaven help the groups that were playing in front of them. I can just imagine what it must have been like as Jim and Sean started to "play through" them.

Last edited:
That's a cute segment. Back when JB was the golf coach at SU, he was a scratch golfer, and he's still pretty good for a 69-year-old guy with bad knees. He also plays "speed golf." A couple of years ago, on the day of the Basket Ball, he and Sean McDonough played a round on the "tough course" at Turning Stone... and they finished in barely over two hours. Heaven help the groups that were playing in front of them. I can just imagine what it must have been like as Jim and Sean started to "play through" them.

Can you give us a more precise defiinition of "speed golf". is it timed in some way?

Speed Golf...it means you play Ready Golf...you hit and go, hit n go...you aren't looking more than 30 secs for a ball, you don't always play in order, etc...It works best playing with friends and on an empty course.

Speed Golf...it means you play Ready Golf...you hit and go, hit n go...you aren't looking more than 30 secs for a ball, you don't always play in order, etc...It works best playing with friends and on an empty course.

Speed golf sounds like my normal golf; though, it can take a little longer than 30 seconds to find the ball I just sliced 80 yards to the right. lol

Practice swings and really getting into reading the green for a putt just aren't my thing, so I might have to get some friends onboard with speed golf. Just hit the ball and hope for the best. Can't go wrong.

Are there empty courses? :confused:

Last edited:
Speed golf sounds like my normal golf; though, it can take a little longer than 30 seconds to find the ball I just sliced 80 yards to the right. lol

Practice swings and really getting into reading the green for a putt just aren't my thing, so I might have to get some friends onboard with speed golf. Just hit the ball and hope for the best. Can't go wrong.

You can't go wrong? :eek:

JB has played Augusta, but he is not a member

Members only.

th